• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May 2010 Heritage results thread...

520 posts in this topic

It was a nm+ 9.6 raw when it originally sold for ten cents.

:takeit:

As long as "Larson" wasn't erased.

The pre-Larson pedigree (thumbs u

I am going to crack it out of the case and re-pencil in the Larson (thumbs u
no, I'm gonna do it :devil:

Rick - is that MM5 the same copy you owned that you sold to Roy?
I owned it at one point (roy has the 4.0 trolley), but not sure if I sold it to roy?

Probably the person who bought it off me after I bought it from Marnin. Man it really sucked that I had to let that book go. :(

keep a few books every now and then Peter :gossip:;)

I owned it at one point (roy has the 4.0 trolley), but not sure if I sold it to roy?

Probably the person who bought it off me after I bought it from Marnin. Man it really sucked that I had to let that book go. :(

Hasn't been that easy over the last year and half, but hope to change that very shortly. :wishluck:

Hasn't been that easy over the last year and half, but hope to change that very shortly. :wishluck:

Marvel 1 :baiting:;)

Marvel 1 9 :baiting:;)
:whistle:

Wow...I just checked through the auction, and my god is some of that original art impressive. I have _no idea_ how to value some of those pages and covers, but there are some pieces there that could make me _poor_.

Prices on the GA Caps seemed low to me after internet bidding was done. How much do books normally go up in the live bidding
The thrill of the snipe is a great rush. For the popular issues, don't be surprise if they get 2x the current bid in the live auction.

High bidder on one book only, we'll see how much competition is out there for it later today. hm

High bidder on no books to date.

Watching 70 GA books of whic I'll probably cap my purchases to a max of 10 books.

I only bid in the Live Auction

It was a nm+ 9.6 raw when it originally sold for ten cents.

:takeit:

As long as "Larson" wasn't erased.

The pre-Larson pedigree (thumbs u

I am going to crack it out of the case and re-pencil in the Larson (thumbs u
no, I'm gonna do it :devil:
:blahblah:

High bidder on one book only, we'll see how much competition is out there for it later today. hm

Watching 70 GA books of whic I'll probably cap my purchases to a max of 10 books.

me too :baiting:

hopefully not the same 70 but knowing how similar our tastes are it's could get expensive. :sumo:

hopefully not the same 70 but knowing how similar our tastes are it's could get expensive. :sumo:

:o

As an aside I analysed the Adventure Church copies up for sale.

43 books.

Current bid (excluding BP)$170k

Current bid (including BP) $203k

If take GPA sales of each copy as being the purchase price $574k

Even on the best case scenario that Heritage agreed to auction the books the owner is going to take a bath.

Currently down $371k ie loss of 65%.

Prices (including BP) therefore at 35% of purchase price.

Tim could be winning a lot of books with his 50% bid.

As an aside I analysed the Adventure Church copies up for sale.

43 books.

Current bid (excluding BP)$170k

Current bid (including BP) $203k

If take GPA sales of each copy as being the purchase price $574k

Even on the best case scenario that Heritage agreed to auction the books the owner is going to take a bath.

Currently down $371k ie loss of 65%.

Prices (including BP) therefore at 35% of purchase price.

tim :baiting:

So far, it seems like the few Keller pre-hero Adventures and New Adventures that I`m really interested in are the ones that might actually go for more than what Keller paid (not factoring in commissions and such)! I`m already out on those, and I bid much more than half a Keller. :pullhair: