• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

77 posts in this topic

I did have my own original sales thread Anthony. It just so happened that it included the same free book as Jon, as I received my Ye Old Lores yesterday. After Jon posted in my thread, I PM'd him and closed my thread out of courtesy because it was obvious everyone was getting their panties in a bunch. Yes, there is censuring here as evidenced by posting your little jabs, which evidently makes your world go round.

Everyone Please Stop This

I suggested doing this in a thread 4 days ago, since the books weren't in the best of condition to outright sell for a premium. I wasn't mad when others started to do this. It's a good thing to do giving people samples of this book. I was raised where it was considered generous to act like this. Cheryl and Jon are good people who were just offering an incentive to others. I have been mailing out my copies for free to boardies without a sales thread all this week to get the word out how good this title is. Is that considered a bad thing? I hope not. Let's just forget this and just try to continue promoting this terrific Modern. (thumbs u

Thank you.

:o:o:o

1st batch??? You mean you ordered more????lol

:insane:

Yeah, I figured freebies, trick 'r treaters, or send them to my friends. Only one came looking 9.6 or better. Might grade it with a batch going to Sarasota. The cover paper reminded me of those Amazing Spider-Man newspaper variants. hm ...sorry if this is off-topic.

Those are good ideas, Jerel. hm

...but I'm sure you can come up with your own original sales threads.

I'm sure you can come up with your own original avatar as well, Anthony.

I'll try and find a more modern ewok avatar.

Wait, I'm confused. Is JJ selling a tack-riddled toilet seat? And what's this I hear about a Cursed Pirate Ewok? What's going on? :ohnoez:

Wow - I do have a few comments I'd like to make.

First of all chainnball, I didn't realize that I had to check with JJ before I gave away the same book as him in my sales thread. So noted - I'll make sure I check with him first next time. And I'm pretty sure we weren't selling the same type of books so I think it really doesn't matter, but evidently to some on this Board, it does.

And Anthony, didn't expect that type of *spoon* from you but I understand JJ has awesome books and everyone wants to stay on his good side so have at it my friend. And hey if you're giving away 10 alpha flights for every .50 spent - bring it on - I'm buying!

I can state for a fact that this is one reason I'm not on these boards very much. Your censure is ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

And here's your tacky! Wear it well. ;)

TackyToilet.jpg

it's pretty obvious with how hot Cursed Pirate Girl is right now that giving away the Lore of Yore books is a good sales incentive, so to copy someone elses idea and possibly hurt their sales IS kinda tacky. People get sued every day In the business world for stealing ideas. Be original. Come up with your own gimmick.

there, happy now TJ?

Only if I get to use a pic of you as my avatar. :baiting:

12314034129ek884.jpg

And sometimes a cigar is NOT just a cigar.

You're missing the point entirely. Either you want the books in the thread or you don't. Ye Old Lore isn't gonna make a sale - not when you can buy them for $3.00 a pop yourself. We weren't selling the same books - I wasn't stealing his thunder.

Nipple flash at Outback. I didn't avert my eyes in time. Rookie mistake as that was my first dinner out with Anthony.

You loosened the top of his halter top didn't you? (tsk)

Wow - I do have a few comments I'd like to make.

First of all chainnball, I didn't realize that I had to check with JJ before I gave away the same book as him in my sales thread. So noted - I'll make sure I check with him first next time. And I'm pretty sure we weren't selling the same type of books so I think it really doesn't matter, but evidently to some on this Board, it does.

And Anthony, didn't expect that type of *spoon* from you but I understand JJ has awesome books and everyone wants to stay on his good side so have at it my friend. And hey if you're giving away 10 alpha flights for every .50 spent - bring it on - I'm buying!

I can state for a fact that this is one reason I'm not on these boards very much. Your censure is ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

And here's your tacky! Wear it well. ;)

TackyToilet.jpg

it's pretty obvious with how hot Cursed Pirate Girl is right now that giving away the Lore of Yore books is a good sales incentive, so to copy someone elses idea and possibly hurt their sales IS kinda tacky. People get sued every day In the business world for stealing ideas. Be original. Come up with your own gimmick.

:screwy: