• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Iron Man 2 Hint at Namor The Submariner?

45 posts in this topic

The big question surrounding Marvel since the acquisition has been how much value its library brings to mainstream audiences that have never heard of Namor the Sub-Mariner, Dr. Strange or Ant-Man.

No one had ever heard of the Incredibles or Shrek before they completely blew up into multi-movie uber-franchises. A movie doesn't have to have a known protagonist. It just has to be good.

You've got a lot of heart Sean. I know because I can see it from here.

I see what you did there.

If you really want to keep this line of "humor" alive, you need to post the picture of the action figure from the 70's that had the clear plastic over the heart and lungs so you could see them work.

pulsarcard.jpg

The big question surrounding Marvel since the acquisition has been how much value its library brings to mainstream audiences that have never heard of Namor the Sub-Mariner, Dr. Strange or Ant-Man.

No one had ever heard of the Incredibles or Shrek before they completely blew up into multi-movie uber-franchises. A movie doesn't have to have a known protagonist. It just has to be good.

If you really want to keep this line of "humor" alive, you need to post the picture of the action figure from the 70's that had the clear plastic over the heart and lungs so you could see them work.

pulsarcard.jpg

I don't think I've ever noticed how large the head is. :ohnoez:

pulsarcard.jpg

Now you are just TRYING to get into the out of context thread. (tsk)

Iron Man is mostly in that same boat, he's not a name known to general audiences before Favreau brought him there. Iron Man, the Incredibles, and Shrek all had desirable aspects to their character that appealled to a mass audience...what's Namor got? In the comic he's kind of unlikable--aloof, arrogant, mean-looking with the arched eyebrows...there might be something there, I just can't see what it is. (shrug)

If I were going to do a Namor movie, I would do it that he surfaces as the result of a man-made disaster that is threatening Atlantis. First he works with us to stop the disaster. Then he wants to go after the bad corporation that caused the disaster which causes him to fight with our military and then eventually SHIELD or the Avengers or whatever. Finally the bad corporation is shown to be a front for HYDRA or the Maggia and they have been using their technology to mutate animals and he fights Tiger Shark or Orka before taking them down. Say hello to a half billion gross worldwide, baby.

:applause: :applause:

Iron Man is mostly in that same boat, he's not a name known to general audiences before Favreau brought him there. Iron Man, the Incredibles, and Shrek all had desirable aspects to their character that appealled to a mass audience...what's Namor got? In the comic he's kind of unlikable--aloof, arrogant, mean-looking with the arched eyebrows...there might be something there, I just can't see what it is. (shrug)

If I were going to do a Namor movie, I would do it that he surfaces as the result of a man-made disaster that is threatening Atlantis. First he works with us to stop the disaster. Then he wants to go after the bad corporation that caused the disaster which causes him to fight with our military and then eventually SHIELD or the Avengers or whatever. Finally the bad corporation is shown to be a front for HYDRA or the Maggia and they have been using their technology to mutate animals and he fights Tiger Shark or Orka before taking them down. Say hello to a half billion gross worldwide, baby.

I like this idea,Can you imagine the whooping Namor would be putting on BP

Disney now owns Marvel,so think big, just about every Marvel hero will be getting his/her own movie/tv show, also remember Disney owns ABC

Picture the Golden Age of comics starting all over in video format with good CGI.

(thumbs u

I would be thrilled with a Sub-Mariner movie. I think it could work, maybe with M Night Shyamalan as the director.

You just want to see a guy in speedos thru the whole movie.

I also want to see him beating up some Nazis. It would be a win win movie for me.

Okay, let's analyze these pics.

First off, this could show the current location of the block of ice that Cap is encased in; or Kevin Bacon on a cruise ship. Coincidence?

11265L.jpg

Secondly, there is a submarine ride at the Atlantis resort. It just so happens, that the Bacon Brothers Band will be performing next to it.

11267L.jpg

Lastly, if you look to the right of the picture there is wall damage. Termites? No, it's concrete. Unless it's a super bug. Super bug = Hank Pym as Yellowjacket. Kevin Bacon owns a yellow jacket that he wore in Footloose.

11267L-1.jpg

It's all there people. Connect the dots. Bacon=Razorback. There will be a mult-million dollar movie featuring Razoback. hm

lol

I love it.

So, we should expect to see increased demand for PPTSSM #13 then.

I just went to Mile High site and see that Chuck is, once again, ahead of the curve. A CGC 9.4 of this is sitting at $74.00, and his raw VF is $8.90. He must've read your post and adjusted his prices accordingly. hm

I always knew this book would eventually breakout.

It's all there people. Connect the dots. Bacon=Razorback. There will be a mult-million dollar movie featuring Razoback. hm

You should put a spoiler warning on this post, man!! :ohnoez:

pulsarcard.jpg

Now you are just TRYING to get into the out of context thread. (tsk)

:whistle:

Jon Favreau verified this week that the map in Iron Man 2 with the circles was indeed planned to show spots where they were looking at superhumans. He identifies all of the spots in the article except the one in the Atlantic Ocean, which you'd still have to assume is for Sub-Mariner and Atlantis.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=19035&count=0

slimgoodbody.jpg