• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Iron Man 2 Hint at Namor The Submariner?

45 posts in this topic

The big question surrounding Marvel since the acquisition has been how much value its library brings to mainstream audiences that have never heard of Namor the Sub-Mariner, Dr. Strange or Ant-Man.

No one had ever heard of the Incredibles or Shrek before they completely blew up into multi-movie uber-franchises. A movie doesn't have to have a known protagonist. It just has to be good.

You've got a lot of heart Sean. I know because I can see it from here.

I see what you did there.

If you really want to keep this line of "humor" alive, you need to post the picture of the action figure from the 70's that had the clear plastic over the heart and lungs so you could see them work.

slimgoodbody.jpg

Slim Goodbody, brave and true

A man of health, a hero who

leads his team at Body Control

Nutrition's his mission, Good Health's his Goal.

I would kind of hope that if Marvel did a Sub-Mariner movie, they would do an origin movie, just like they are doing in Captain America.

Yup set in the 1930's/1940's. A pizzed off Namor mad at the surface dwellers, crushing skulls, tearing down buildings. Might be a great opportunity to cameo the Human Torch and replay their battle ala Marvel Mystery. hm

I would kind of hope that if Marvel did a Sub-Mariner movie, they would do an origin movie, just like they are doing in Captain America.

Yup set in the 1930's/1940's. A pizzed off Namor mad at the surface dwellers, crushing skulls, tearing down buildings. Might be a great opportunity to cameo the Human Torch and replay their battle ala Marvel Mystery. hm

I think they are going to tie in the whole Marvel U,and loving everything about the whole ride. :banana: