• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RED BAND! My new book now available for pre-order. Test Cover ADDED!

148 posts in this topic

Not yet, the printer is being pi$sy about the cover.

1. they will not print without the title on the cover. TJ had a great idea with putting the title on the back, the cover really really works this way. They disagree, they require it to be on the cover. Well I've gone back and forth for two weeks now with them. We settled on a compromise, they did not like the compromised cover. TJ re worked it.

2. Now they are saying the lettering is offset on the cover. explained to them that the text was moved slightly due to the cover being a full bleed cover (heh heh) and the minor change was to compensate for that. TJ is now working with them to make them see it our way.

So this is really something that shouldn't have kept the book from it's original release date of 7/10/10. But the printer for whatever reason doesn't want to print the cover as is, even after i stated that i will provide a waiver agreeing that the final product is my own decision and they had no say in it.

It will be out prior to the cons, I'm hoping it will be released in the next couple of days.

J

oh yeah, everyone who was told that their review will be on the back cover is in, except for 2. ran out of room. the two that couldn't be on the back cover will be notified in a pm.

Not yet, the printer is being pi$sy about the cover.

1. they will not print without the title on the cover.

Can't you tell them to GO F*** THEMSELVES and take you bu$ine$$ el$ewhere? :baiting:

It will be out prior to the cons, I'm hoping it will be released in the next couple of days.

They just had a pretty big con in San Diego. Not sure if you heard about that :gossip:

oh yeah, everyone who was told that their review will be on the back cover is in, except for 2. ran out of room. the two that couldn't be on the back cover will be notified in a pm.

I didn't get a PM :headbang:

i am going with a new printer, a local printer. i find that incredible that a creator cannot utilize the original creation developed just for this release because the printer is afraid of "losing" the files and making life harder for them for any re-orders.

so i'm taking my business elsewhere for this title. they aren't losing any major business with my book being printed by someone else. but it is an order that they are losing out on.