• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

You know when I see all this great work, based on the Avengers, it makes me think of one of Stan Lee's partners, Jack Kirby. I really wish Jack was here to be a part of all this.

At some point we need to find a way to pay tribute to Jack, maybe have some sketch covers done in his likeness. Or how about Avengers on the front cover, jack and stan on the back cover?

Bill.

You know when I see all this great work, based on the Avengers, it makes me think of one of Stan Lee's partners, Jack Kirby. I really wish Jack was here to be a part of all this.

At some point we need to find a way to pay tribute to Jack, maybe have some sketch covers done in his likeness. Or how about Avengers on the front cover, jack and stan on the back cover?

Bill.

Kirby is one of my heros i would love to do a kirby stan tribute

2w1t5x2.jpg

My first sketch cover :cloud9: ..Trimpe's Coffee stain must of brought the grade down to a 9.6 :shy:

Nice one! I was watching him at the Philly show, he is brutal with the covers

I got the coffee stain to prove it lol..but he was a great guy and the .2 was worth chatting with a legend for over an hour.

@ 1st glance, I thought Cappy was the Tick. I always wanted a Johnny Bravo vs The Tick. I had hoped to get a Shi vs Tomoe for the next round of DCruz, but I might have to go JB vs tT instead. It'd be interesting to see Danny's enterpretation.