• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

hm She will be in Baltimore.

Don't get that Doom colored. I can't help but think that the finer points of that INCREDIBLE sketch will be lost. Just like not every penciled sketch needs to be inked, not every inked sketch needs to be colored.

PS: To everyone: Secret Son almost never sells sketches, but I have dibs on all of them if he does.

hm She will be in Baltimore.

Don't get that Doom colored. I can't help but think that the finer points of that INCREDIBLE sketch will be lost. Just like not every penciled sketch needs to be inked, not every inked sketch needs to be colored.

PS: To everyone: Secret Son almost never sells sketches, but I have dibs on all of them if he does.

:roflmao: You'll be my first PM.

Very true, I think I'll leave it alone.

Actually, I think it's the perfect candidate to get colored. However, I wouldn't get my Richard Pace colored, nor would I get a Danny Cruz colored.

Well, as usual, I completely disagree. He did some amazingly detailed fine line work on the armor, belt, mask and the energy wave that all run the risk of being subsumed into even the best coloring job. YMMV.

Major Kudos to MrMylar AKA Mike (Danny Cruz guy) ;) For getting this sketch for me at Wizard World Philly this weekend. Mike knew about my dog and was upset that I couldn't be there to enjoy all of the fun, so he got this for me to cheer me up. :foryou: And is now on it's way to get graded too :o

Ken Haser !!!

Adonis you got me :pullhair: That's a gorgeous piece! :) It's just way too expensive for me to get one graded. Sigh. What's the back cover like?

Major Kudos to MrMylar AKA Mike (Danny Cruz guy) ;) For getting this sketch for me at Wizard World Philly this weekend. Mike knew about my dog and was upset that I couldn't be there to enjoy all of the fun, so he got this for me to cheer me up. :foryou: And is now on it's way to get graded too :o

Ken Haser !!!

Glad I could help Adonis. :)

Whoever hasn't gotten in on the Ken Haeser opp should definitely go for it. His work is top-notch!

Ken Haser !!!

Adonis you got me :pullhair: That's a gorgeous piece! :) It's just way too expensive for me to get one graded. Sigh. What's the back cover like?

I don't think there's anything on the back, which is okay with me.

They both do that real dumb looking hulk, which I love. :cloud9:

:roflmao: Chris I completly agree with you I love dumb looking hulk art work (Tim Sale maybe my Fav)

Smart hulk is big green :censored:. and yeah you spelled it right.