• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has the Neal Adams Market Crashed?

151 posts in this topic

But there is a lot more dirt than water (at least on this planet).

are you sure about that??? Last I heard, water covered about 72 % of the earth, not to mention the water that makes up the majority of living creatures.

Careful Dale. You are about to show your Cub Fan intelligence and loose this argument all at the same time :eek:

Please explain it then. From what I know of geology, dirt (soil) is only found on the thin upper layer of the earth's crust.

Surface and crust: The Earth's surface is composed mostly of water, basalt and granite. Oceans cover about 70% of Earth's surface. These oceans are up to 3.7 km deep. The Earth's thin, rocky crust is composed of silicon, aluminum, calcium, sodium and potassium.

Not to mention the water in living things, in the atmosphere and within the soil itself.

Oh my stars! It's a Nerd-Off!

Everyone form a circle around the combatants! :whee:

I'm still eyeing that 9.4 B&B 85 on Metro's site....too me that book is the TRUE beginning of the GL/GA storyline and should have far more key status than it does. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I love that issue. An extremely hard book to find in high grade. I checked out the site just now and didn't realize it was such a high priced book in grade. Beautiful copy.

I'm still eyeing that 9.4 B&B 85 on Metro's site....too me that book is the TRUE beginning of the GL/GA storyline and should have far more key status than it does. GOD BLESS...

I love that issue. An extremely hard book to find in high grade. I checked out the site just now and didn't realize it was such a high priced book in grade. Beautiful copy.

There really aren't many sales at that grade and they have it priced aggressively...only 9.4 I've seen available in a LONG time. GOD BLESS...

WOW! this thread is heading off the path, next we'll be talking about the expanding earth concept. Neal has quite a way of causing issues.

:popcorn:

It ALL ties in to Neal...

See how that works...?

:cloud9:

I think the value of my collection just went up and down all at the same time.....

:ohnoez:

WOW! this thread is heading off the path, next we'll be talking about the expanding earth concept. Neal has quite a way of causing issues.

See how that works...?

Well, Neal's work was inked on occasion by the Crusty Bunkers... :grin:

Harley has one on eBay too :gossip:

Harley has one on eBay too :gossip:

:rulez: we have sales threads people!

lol

Common as dirt is just a teensy tiny bit of an overstatement. As common as some people would like to make them out to be, I can't keep Batman #232 or any other Neal Adams Batman books in stock. They are fantastic sellers in grade. If any of you guys who think they are common as dirt want to sell me some of them in VF or better, I will happily buy them from you.

Lets just say this, if they are common as dirt, then Neal Adams Batman collectors are as common as water.

They are common as could be Dale. It doesnt mean they are any less wanted though. Bats 232 from VF- to NM+ is generally an easy sale. But some of the other books in the Detective and Batman series are becoming very available in grade so prices are dropping. You have to have 100 people who want a Tec 387 (or some other random issue) to keep prices stable. There just isnt the same pool as Spidey or X-Men fans. There are plenty of Bat-Fans sure. But in the end you are still talking about a DC book.

Don't underestimate the number of Marvel fanboys that buy the Adams books as well. I sell a lot Adams Bats, Tecs and GLs to plenty of primarily Marvel collectors and the number of these cross over collectors has increased noticeably over the past 10 years I have been doing shows. These seem to be the only DCs that appeal to both collector bases. This spring I sold over 70 Adams DCs at the three local shows, getting above guide (and GPA in some cases) for 7.0+ copies of Bats, Tecs and GLs. It was funny to see that the first title to sell out for me was Superman, and I even moved most of my low to mid grade JLA and World's Finests as well.

See how that works...?

Well, Neal's work was inked on occasion by the Crusty Bunkers... :grin:

It ALLLL ties in......

alien.gif

Again not a matter of crashing as it's the usual correcting of common HG material, especially this issue (232).

Besides Batman 227, TEC 400, and the other Neal Adams black covers most of the run isn't as impossible as people make it out to be to find these books, and to see a downward CGC analysis of most of the issues in HG every year.

If you can tell me why they began reprinting it, you get 100 jillion bonus points :)

indeed a good question and the question never even crossed my mind all these years but here is my guess...

The X-men in those few years still make guest appearances here and there in other titles so Marvel was try to milk that cow by reprinting them bi monthly...heck it cost little to produce but for those that just discovered the X-men and want to read more about them, then Marvel can get make a few bucks with little effort. :wishluck:

From everything I've read, the reason they started the reprints is because back in those days it took them several months to get back sales figures. At the time Neal Adams took on the X-MEN they were one of the if not the lowest selling Marvel title at the time. By the time they ended the book with issue #66 the sales figures from Neal's issues started to roll in and Marvel saw that sales had gone up..at least enough to warrant reprints.

Oh man, that's awful. I sold it for $1250.

:( Poor guy.

But yup, that was my book at one point. I subbed it meself.

Great looking book! I'm glad I have it.

Well, I hope it went to a good home. It's a beautiful book. The spine is just gorgeous, and the centering is MWAH!

So yeah, I hope you enjoy it, and in my estimation, you got a steal.

Oh man, that's awful. I sold it for $1250.

:( Poor guy.

But yup, that was my book at one point. I subbed it meself.

Great looking book! I'm glad I have it.

Well, I hope it went to a good home. It's a beautiful book. The spine is just gorgeous, and the centering is MWAH!

So yeah, I hope you enjoy it, and in my estimation, you got a steal.

(thumbs u It will be loved :cloud9: