• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 First Print! CGC 6.0

7 posts in this topic

To fund another possible purchase, I need to sell my recent Turtles acquisition. It was recently graded with super white pages! Obviously, there is a make an offer for a reason!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-First-Print-CGC-6-0-TMNT-/200475742459?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ead4910fb

Actually, it's a sale to try and upgrade haha. I just got back into the hobby and I think I'm going to focus my collection on mostly keys, with a few indie books here and there for my own personal taste. This is a book that I think will be ridiculous in 5-10 years just because the demographics that grew up with these characters will have some sort of disposable income by then. I was wanting to try and keep this copy as well, but I had an unfortunate incident at a softball game recently, which included me smacking the out of a ball and hitting a parked Lexus.

By the way, I read the history on the boards religiously and you have quite the collection of keys! I think my next step, after the turtles book, is something like a TOS 39 or Incredible Hulk 1. I want an Amazing Fantasy, but the price on those are just a bit too insane for me.

Since you like the TMNT so much, want an extra copy?

:baiting:

Actually, it's a sale to try and upgrade haha. I just got back into the hobby and I think I'm going to focus my collection on mostly keys, with a few indie books here and there for my own personal taste. This is a book that I think will be ridiculous in 5-10 years just because the demographics that grew up with these characters will have some sort of disposable income by then. I was wanting to try and keep this copy as well, but I had an unfortunate incident at a softball game recently, which included me smacking the out of a ball and hitting a parked Lexus.

By the way, I read the history on the boards religiously and you have quite the collection of keys! I think my next step, after the turtles book, is something like a TOS 39 or Incredible Hulk 1. I want an Amazing Fantasy, but the price on those are just a bit too insane for me.

Since you like the TMNT so much, want an extra copy?

:baiting:

:blush: Well, thanks. Most of my stuff is on the lower end of the spectrum so nothing like most of the big collectors' books--but I like 'em that way. Gives them a sense of personality, I think.

And congrats on the sale--looked to be a very solid going price for your book! Plus... it gives me an idea on my SS 6.0 copy ;)

Honestly, if you are at all interested in getting a copy of AF 15, now is the time to buy it. Actually, this time last year was the time to buy, but you could probably still get on board before that trains start picking steam back up again. SA Marvel keys are great--and relatively safe for investing time and energy (and money) in--as safe as any other book out there outside of GA Bats and Supes.

Now, do you have a particular TMNT #1 in mind for your upgrade or just building the warchest?