• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Have YOU Met?

83 posts in this topic

I met Dennis Weaver "McCloud" ...."There ya go"......while riding an elevator in Century City. He was friendly and I remember asking him if he was working lately. He said, yea.....a few odd things here and there.

I also rode an elevator.....all alone ....in Century City.......with Janet Jackson......wow is she short......and very afraid......timid..........shy.......probably didn't want to be recognized by some drooler....

I just said "Hi".....and gave her her space.....

Oh, and I forgot, Jamie had rented the car from our Love Field location and flew out of DFW so we charged him another $150 for "dropping off" at the wrong location.

I ended up driving that car over to the Love Field lot and I SO wanted to leave it a mess!

Yoko Ono gave me a hug.

So did Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul & Mary.

Come to think of it, Adrienne Barbeau gave me a hug also.

Maybe I should start a thread "Who Have You Hugged?"

Adrienne Barbeau gave you a hug :o That must have been soft ;)

Yoko Ono gave me a hug.

So did Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul & Mary.

Maybe I should start a thread "Who Have You Hugged?"

In that case I could make a list. (Including pat on the back "man-hugs")

Joan Jett

Dolly Parton

Susanna Hoffs

Chase Masterson

Carmen Electra

several Playboy Playmates

Bon Jovi

Jerry Lee Lewis

Rubin Sierra

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira)

Chris Ferguson (the poker player)

Alabama

hm

Maybe I can't remember them all. :sorry:

Adrienne Barbeau gave you a hug :o That must have been soft ;)

It must have been like the Michelin Man, Pillsbury Doughboy, and Stay Puft all at once. :cloud9:

Two comics related meetings:

I met Gene Colan in a photo shop here in Vermont a few years ago. He was having a page of original art copied; I didn't recognize the man, but I did recognize what he had and it led to a long and pleasant conversation. Really nice guy.

I met the late Christopher Reeves in the late-80's. He was also incredibly nice. Without getting into too much detail, he and I had bagged lunches together, just the two of us, during a rehearsal break at a theater at which I was working as an intern.

James Brown

Phylicia Rashad

Donald Trump

Claudia Jordan

Keenan Thompson

Hank Aaron

KC of Sunshine Band

Dean Cain

Lou Ferrigno

Eric Estrada

Micky Dolenz

Adam West

Julie Newmar

Tippi Hedren (The Birds)

Lee Greenwood

Yvonne Craig

Jon Wesley Shipp

James Kyson-Lee

George Takei

Nichelle Nichols

Kevin Sorbo

O J Simpson

Marla Maples

Lance Henriksen

Adrian Barbeau

Phil Morris

Carmine Infantino

Martin Nodell

all I can remember this AM (thumbs u

One of the nicest guys I've met is Mark Schultz of Xenozoic Tales fame. He was quite friendly, chatted for a bit and did a nice signature on the inside front cover of my Death Rattle # 8

WOW!

:cloud9:

The one that stands out the most is LB Cole - one of the nicest people that worked in the business.

I got Ernie Banks autograph while he was playing an exhibition game.

I also shook Gerald Ford's hand back in the mid 70s. I must have been around 11 or 12. I don't remember why he was in town but I remember my parents pushing me to the front of the crowd - I stuck my hand out and he shook it. EDIT - and no I don't remember if he fell down.

James Brown

Phylicia Rashad

Donald Trump

Claudia Jordan

Keenan Thompson

Hank Aaron

KC of Sunshine Band

Dean Cain

Lou Ferrigno

Eric Estrada

Micky Dolenz

Adam West

Julie Newmar

Tippi Hedren (The Birds)

Lee Greenwood

Yvonne Craig

Jon Wesley Shipp

James Kyson-Lee

George Takei

Nichelle Nichols

Kevin Sorbo

O J Simpson

Marla Maples

Lance Henriksen

Adrian Barbeau

Phil Morris

Carmine Infantino

Martin Nodell

all I can remember this AM (thumbs u

Lanier, that's quite a list. I am most curious about the Marla Maples encounter,

any story worth telling ?

In the early 90's I was working a booth at Chicago Comic Con. A boy came up to the table and asked if we had a certain comic. I no longer remember what it was, but we had what he wanted. The adults with him told him his father would come to the show tomorrow and get it for him. The boy asked me to save it for tomorrow so I set it aside in a box behind the table.

The next day the boy comes back and asks for the book. Right behind him is Stan Lee talking to a man I don't know, a HUGE entourage around them. At the moment I presume the mystery man Stan's talking to is a Marvel creator I don't know.

The mystery man is the boy's father. He jokingly asks for a discount on the comic in exchange for his autograph. I still have no clue who it is but what the heck, I cheerfully go along with it.

Transaction complete and autograph in hand, Stan, the mystery man, the boy, and the entourage head off down the isle. I look down at the signature scrawl, not all that legible. Hmm... does it say... Chic Stone (of silver age inking fame)? I guess that makes sense.

"No you insufficiently_thoughtful_person", a coworker besides me says. "That was OLIVER Stone."

Two good ones, first I was at a private end of tour party thrown my Bon jovi. The other one was my wife and I were sitting at a restaurant and Keanu Reeves was having supper by himself, there really was no one else in the place so we invited him over for a drink he sat with us for about an hour a very cool guy. It all happened in Winnipeg :banana:

Great question!

I'll pick a few for fun and because of the encounter(s)

Carl Yastrzemski : 8 years old outside the visitors locker room in Minnesota.

Annette Benning : acted with her.

Laurie Anderson : lost weekend.

Spalding Gray : see above.

Patrick Stewart : moving conversation last summer backstage about a mutual friend.

Dan

Samuel L Jackson - dog track like 10 years ago.

Lorenzo Lamas - biggest butthole ever.

More pro wrestlers than i can count.

Whoopi Goldberg - filming a movie in oregon city

Jaimie Madrox from Twiztid

Tech N9ne - afterparty in portland.

Kurt Cobain - just a shy smile and nod. but i was freaking out lol.

I ran into Jackie Onassis in NYC, walking into the play "Driving Ms. Daisy.

M.L. Carr (Boston Celtics) at a neighbor's house.

Tom Hamiliton from Aerosmith used to come into my video store on Cape Cod.

I was dating a girl from Conn. who was with me in NYC, and apparently we saw some actors from some soap opera she watched....I had no idea who they were, but as they walked by us, you could tell they were "somebody".....

Ive met a ton of wrestlers the only movie star wrestler though was chris jericho ( very cool guy) , kevin smith, stan lee, bree olsen.. think thats all

In terms of totally by chance, I sat directly behind Ric Flair on a flight. And no I didn't kick his chair...although the flight attendant was sucking up ssooooo much.

In terms of misc, I sat next to an NFL referree coming back from a game, some important corporate types, etc. but boring stuff for this crowd.

A friend of mine was working in the movie industry for a while (lights, etc) and met up with quite a few...Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson to name a few. He would give me the skinny on the movie suckfest!

Cool (thumbs u

I've also met Carl "the genius" Barks.....in San Diego in '77 . He was old even then :grin: