• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: Uncut Sheet of Comic Book Auction CLOSED !!

42 posts in this topic

The opening bid is $10.00 BIN PRICE IS $1000.00

This is the last one I have. Uncut and from the former World Color printing headquarters in Sparta, IL; I bought ten of these back in 1989 from a retired employee. If you never knew how comics were made take a look at this uncut sheet of covers. Condition is VF or better. Shipping is $10.00 in the USA, $20.00 most everywhere else. This needs to be shipped in a tube. It's a cool piece of comic history that I have had long enough. Time to pass it on....

Auction closes at 6PM 9 PM Central time May 31, 2010 (Monday) night. Bid away!

100_0618.jpg

Back side

100_0617.jpg

Three comics tall, that's about 36 inches. It is 3 comics wide, they are about 8 1/2 across, front and back, so about 17 inches per cover width wise... basically 51 inches across.

The House of Mystery comic has the Superman and TSR ads on it's insides.....I shot a picture of both sides, you have to mentally flip it over to see what goes where....

so it's printed on both sides, right

Yes, they would run nine comics on a page/sheet and then they are cut and assembled by machine. I am not a printing expert, I have some friends that are in the business. It really is amazing to watch the finished product come off the line.

I am sure one of our board members can explain hows it's done!