• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian's Phx ComicCon Report Lots of pics.

78 posts in this topic

Nice pics and con report, thanks. When I heard about that bill passing into law. I knew there would be protesters. I asked myself just what does an American Citizen look like?

America is a big melting pot of people from all over the world. So going by a persons looks is a very bad idea. IMHO

When{not if} this bill is brought to the US Supreme Court. I can't see them letting this bill stand as it is. I mean getting asked to show your ID papers simply because the police officer doesn't like your shoes?? There has to be a better way than this..

Imagine being asked for the 4'th time in a day to show your ID to the police!! Once, OK no problem. Twice, well OK. After that it is going to start to get a tad upsetting and annoying!!

It does not work that way. You can read it here.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

All in all the Con was fun. I wish I would've met some board members there again this year. There needs to be more focus on comics and the organization still needs much improvement. I talked to a couple dealers and they were overall pretty happy with the sales, Some said that they may not come back next year due to the organizational problems.

With that said I will close out this report and post info on another con.

In January there will be a new Con back out in Mesa. This con is called Amazing Arizona Comic Con. The focus is suppose to be more on comics.

So far here are the Comic guys attending

Robert Kirkman

Rob Liefeld

Jeph Loeb

Mike Choi and Sonia IM

Corey Walker

Ryan Ottley

and

John Layman

The website is info@AmazingArizonaComicCon.com

ooooooh must get Jonah Hex freebie!!!!

There were a few variants exclusive for this con. Grimms fairy tales had a few. I didn't pick any up, and it didn't seem as though others picked them up either.

I found out my brother knows the owner of Carnal Comics, I got a signed book called lust Ghouls and another called Dirty Hex. They can't be shown here. I guess the character Demi the Demoness is popular.

There were a few variants exclusive for this con. Grimms fairy tales had a few. I didn't pick any up, and it didn't seem as though others picked them up either.

I found out my brother knows the owner of Carnal Comics, I got a signed book called lust Ghouls and another called Dirty Hex. They can't be shown here. I guess the character Demi the Demoness is popular.

More than you know :devil:

More than you know :devil:

There was a live action movie made of the character I could've picked up from him, but decide it may not be wise. He is a great guy, very nice.

Nice report Brian....we took a lot of the same pictures! That Stan Lee signing was a great example of making every mistake possible at one event lol

Having people line up outside in Phoenix at the end of may was sheer genius. At least it wasn't July, I guess. :P

Nice pics and con report, thanks. When I heard about that bill passing into law. I knew there would be protesters. I asked myself just what does an American Citizen look like?

America is a big melting pot of people from all over the world. So going by a persons looks is a very bad idea. IMHO

When{not if} this bill is brought to the US Supreme Court. I can't see them letting this bill stand as it is. I mean getting asked to show your ID papers simply because the police officer doesn't like your shoes?? There has to be a better way than this..

Imagine being asked for the 4'th time in a day to show your ID to the police!! Once, OK no problem. Twice, well OK. After that it is going to start to get a tad upsetting and annoying!!

Good Lord my man... stop watching MSNBC so much.... The Bill is nothing like that, It's nothing more than normal.. like having to show your ID when in trouble with the fuzz... besides, Illegal Immigration needs to be stopped. It's a serious problem and has been for the past twenty years.

Bottom line. We are a melting pot.. but if that nonesense keeps up we will be a melted pot runith over...

BTW - Awesome Con report ))