• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

24 posts in this topic

Someone else who's an expert can correct me...but I think thats the date that the retailer would pull the book from the shelf. I'm also pretty sure it was pretty common for the books to sit on the racks for months and months before being pulled.

Date stamps are generally when the book arrived, not when it is removed.

Having the date set a year later would remove any doubt as to the book belonging to that specfic store/newstand. IE- a kid walks out with a comic in his back pocket, claims he bought it elsewhere. That day stamp blows that out of the water.

Nice pickup on the masterworks.

That's a very presentable XM 1 for the grade and price...and I love the date stamp! :headbang:

But why does it say 1964? I thought it came out in 63?

-- JUN 12 1964 --

X-Men #1 hit the newsstands on July 2, 1963.

The xmen #1 makes me regret selling my copy.

:hi:

If it makes you feel any better, this one is nicer. :foryou:

but the one you have is still worth every penny, especially when i never collected xmen.

That's why I sent you a bag full of e-pennies! :grin:

Ok, here we go, X-Men 1. I recently picked this up from a reputable dealer as part of a package deal who graded it a Good Minus (G-). And then, when I got home, I looked at my credit card statements and the work I need to get done around the house and I asked myself "what the F are you doing buying an x-men 1 you fat dope??" Mind you, my circumstances are my own, so don't let any of this disuade you from purchasing this fine comic book even if you have too much credit card debt and some home repairs that need to be paid for.

:roflmao:lol

I had a good laugh, thanks! Good luck with the sales man! (thumbs u

Okeedoke, as per the first post in the thread, I have dropped the X-Men 1 to $530 and am open to the idea of time payments if that's how you need to do this.