• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black actor for Peter Parker???

255 posts in this topic

Actually, I think he would play the part very well.

I'm not saying he wouldn't, but Spider-Man isn't black.

And has never been written black.

Nick Fury at least was written black in the Ultimates.

:(

So, maybe it is time for a change of pace. Comics are pieces of fantasy, no reason there can't be a black Spider-Man if the actor can portray the characteristics of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. You are limiting your possible outcomes for a possible strong movie by saying Spider-Man isn't black.

Just my opinion...

Does that mean they will put Venom in a white costume?

What's next? Fast Willie Jackson is brought back as Archie? Casper the Friendly Shadow?

Dogs and cats living together? :ohnoez:

All my non-comic friends agree how stupid this would be.

I think this is just to hype the movie up as I know this would never go forward.

I always just want how the character is portrayed in the comic book to mirror the character on screen.

I would never want a white actor to play a black comic book character as it just wouldn't feel the same way.

Just like in the DD movie a black actor played the kingpin, and even though I understood why they picked him it just didn't feel right. (shrug)

If this passes I want Greggy to try out for Wonder Woman...

:insane:

I'd hit it like I was trying to get my Eagle Badge. :takeit:

Does that mean they will put Venom in a white costume?

What's next? Fast Willie Jackson is brought back as Archie? Casper the Friendly Shadow?

Dogs and cats living together? :ohnoez:

They did already from what I've seen--called him "Anti-Venom" or something lame like that. doh!

FWIW though, I don't think they (Sony) will shoot it down as it will simply build more buzz around their product. I seriously doubt they'll do anything that is THAT much of a game change.

I highly doubt this will happen or Sony Pictures will be burned to the ground by angry fanboys.

We can look at the positive for this,the movie will bomb like the Wiz and Honeymoners reboot movies and we all will be able to afford low grade AF #15`s. (thumbs u

You have a good point hm

Maybe they can get Tyler Perry to direct it and get Martin Lawrence to play Aunt May in his Big Momma costume. hm

This might have legs.