• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Approved Seller' Status

379 posts in this topic

haahaaaahaaaa......gimme a break tight wads. you guys didnt even give me a chance 2 weeks ago when i joined. so i've decided to be the one you love to HATE!

You overestimate your own importance. meh

And if you truly want to be the one we love to hate, you've got a lot of work to do.

haahaaaahaaaa......gimme a break tight wads. you guys didnt even give me a chance 2 weeks ago when i joined. so i've decided to be the one you love to HATE!

You overestimate your own importance. meh

And if you truly want to be the one we love to hate, you've got a lot of work to do.

Correct.

Right now he's no worse than the guy who farted at the war crimes trial.

i think your all nerds.....hey nick get a life.......VENOM RULES!

says he who ends a sentence with "VENOM RULES!" lol

HAHAHAAAA YOUR FUNNY WITH YOUR LITTLE SMILEY FACES....

Frankie, is that you?

i think your all nerds.....hey nick get a life.......VENOM RULES!

says he who ends a sentence with "VENOM RULES!" lol

HAHAHAAAA YOUR FUNNY WITH YOUR LITTLE SMILEY FACES....

His funny what....?

He won't understand your post. The idiocracy of the world continues. I weep. doh!

There's no way he's actually that stupid and immature in real life. It HAS to be a construct for the Internets, lucky us

So, would a "favored seller" be considered for the group if he/she prices raw books at GPA, or basically just prices them really high?

If we want to weed out bad graders, can we also weed out bad pricers?

Why do you hate the invisible hand?

Cause you don't know where it's been? (shrug)

I was going to say, "It's been providing stable economic markets for hundreds of years," but I can't say it with a straight face any more.

I think the point most of you are missing is that this is a site for us to talk about comics. Sponsored and maintained by CGC that happens to have a sales forum. This is not eBay.

That said, there is a responsibility for BUYERS to do their research when making a purchase from a forum. Yes, it's risky. Yes, you could get scammed. Yes, eBay has better buyer protection rights. However, CGC has a search function to search a sellers name, you can click on their name and view their posts, you can contact them for pictures, ask questions, ask for references, check the kudos thread, check the probation list, etc... and then decide IF you want to buy.

My perspective on this is as a buyer myself. I'm not a seller. I've only sold comics here in one sales thread. However, I've spent a ton. I purchased my Incredible Hulk #1 here after opening a WTB thread. When Artboy99 replied to my post with an offer I did the things above before making the purchase.

As for Dale Roberts posts: Sure, a full refund is great. However, it wouldn't make me feel safer buying here unless I knew it could be enforced. The seller being banned doesn't get my money back, like the $200 buyer protection on eBay. Buyer's still need to know their is a risk buying from a forum and do their research before buying, and if there isn't enough information about the seller lower the amount your willing to spend.

Post counts are NOT a good requirement. If you set a minimum it would be very easy to obtain. You could make 200 posts in a single day if you really wanted to. Just quote a bunch of posts and type +1.

I only have about 600 posts, but I've been here for over 2 years. I check the boards frequently and have learned alot about comics here. I contribute and post when I've got something to say, and to be honest alot of people have high post counts because they have nothing to say but simply like to talk. :baiting:

I think the point most of you are missing is that this is a site for us to talk about comics. Sponsored and maintained by CGC that happens to have a sales forum. This is not eBay.

That said, there is a responsibility for BUYERS to do their research when making a purchase from a forum. Yes, it's risky. Yes, you could get scammed. Yes, eBay has better buyer protection rights. However, CGC has a search function to search a sellers name, you can click on their name and view their posts, you can contact them for pictures, ask questions, ask for references, check the kudos thread, check the probation list, etc... and then decide IF you want to buy.

My perspective on this is as a buyer myself. I'm not a seller. I've only sold comics here in one sales thread. However, I've spent a ton. I purchased my Incredible Hulk #1 here after opening a WTB thread. When Artboy99 replied to my post with an offer I did the things above before making the purchase.

As for Dale Roberts posts: Sure, a full refund is great. However, it wouldn't make me feel safer buying here unless I knew it could be enforced. The seller being banned doesn't get my money back, like the $200 buyer protection on eBay. Buyer's still need to know their is a risk buying from a forum and do their research before buying, and if there isn't enough information about the seller lower the amount your willing to spend.

Post counts are NOT a good requirement. If you set a minimum it would be very easy to obtain. You could make 200 posts in a single day if you really wanted to. Just quote a bunch of posts and type +1.

I only have about 600 posts, but I've been here for over 2 years. I check the boards frequently and have learned alot about comics here. I contribute and post when I've got something to say, and to be honest alot of people have high post counts because they have nothing to say but simply like to talk. :baiting:

+1

Post counts are NOT a good requirement. If you set a minimum it would be very easy to obtain. You could make 200 posts in a single day if you really wanted to.

Agreed. Sure would be something if the annual mileage I put on my car was anywhere near my yearly posting average on these boards :)