• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Approved Seller' Status

379 posts in this topic

haahaaaahaaaa......gimme a break tight wads. you guys didnt even give me a chance 2 weeks ago when i joined. so i've decided to be the one you love to HATE!

Beyotch, please.

You have to get to the BACK of that line...

See JC at the front of that line? Get in it...

I only have about 600 posts, but I've been here for over 2 years. I check the boards frequently and have learned alot about comics here. I contribute and post when I've got something to say, and to be honest alot of people have high post counts because they have nothing to say but simply like to talk. :baiting:

Yeah, because god forbid we chat on a chat board. What the hell were we thinking? doh!

I only have about 600 posts, but I've been here for over 2 years. I check the boards frequently and have learned alot about comics here. I contribute and post when I've got something to say, and to be honest alot of people have high post counts because they have nothing to say but simply like to talk. :baiting:

Yeah, because god forbid we chat on a chat board. What the hell were we thinking? doh!

I wasn't attacking that! Obviously you should chat in a chat board. My point was that doesn't make you a reputable seller. People were talking about post counts being a criteria to sell here.

I wasn't attacking that! Obviously you should chat in a chat board. My point was that doesn't make you a reputable seller. People were talking about post counts being a criteria to sell here.

No they weren't. They were talking about input into the community. The higher your post count, the higher the chance you've put something back into this place. That was all.

No they weren't. They were talking about input into the community. The higher your post count, the higher the chance you've put something back into this place. That was all.

Yes, it was. You got me thinking I imagined it for a moment there.

I'm pretty sure it came up again, but I don't have the effort to reread the whole thread so I stopped after page 6 where drbanner and r1970d talked about it.

Dunno...I think a minimum time after registration (or post count) is the only viable alternative. That, and enforcing the existing guidelines by calling people out when they're out of line might help clean things up a bit.

Gotta go with Mike here.

Simple is best.

This little thing will have the greatest impact. Other measures will be effective (and I agree with F_T's proposal in spirit) but a lot of effort for relatively little result.

Forcing people to "read the selling forums only" for a while will force them to see how things are done, get a feel for what is right and wrong AND motivate them to participate in other forums.

Again, very simple solution that accomplishes many things at once.

Well...., I guess I would prefer the occasional comments of substance over the oral diarrhea of the yammering tards....., :think:

i think your all nerds.....hey nick get a life.......VENOM RULES!

says he who ends a sentence with "VENOM RULES!" lol

HAHAHAAAA YOUR FUNNY WITH YOUR LITTLE SMILEY FACES....

His funny what....?

He won't understand your post. The idiocracy of the world continues. I weep. doh!

Well, no, but my post wasn't for him.

And that's ok, because my target audience got it.

:cloud9:

:shy:

haahaaaahaaaa......gimme a break tight wads. you guys didnt even give me a chance 2 weeks ago when i joined. so i've decided to be the one you love to HATE!

Beyotch, please.

You have to get to the BACK of that line...

See JC at the front of that line? Get in it...

I already am...

;)

Well...., I guess I would prefer the occasional comments of substance over the oral diarrhea of the yammering tards....., :think:

:acclaim:

yammering

hm good choice for E.BROCK's new username.

In the immortal words of the Cockroach General from Fat Freddy's Cat,

"Plenty more where he came from."

:acclaim:

Naah. We cut the Econ Professors some slack...., ;)

As a buyer on the boards, I appreciate efforts to insure integrity in the marketplace. I am trying to offer the perspective of a relative noob here, and someone who would not pass the proposed tests to be an approved seller until I post a lot more.

But therein lies a problem. I enjoy this board and look at it almost every day. So why not post more? I have not been the victim of this myself, but I have noticed a tendency toward cliquishness and "bullying" of noobs. Even when there is a mistake that needs to be pointed out, the reaction can be over the top. I also think there is a double standard. A long-time member can do/say things that the boards let slide, while a noob does something similar and gets flamed for it. Even when a noob is not flamed for an ignorant post, there is a tendency of the boards to just ignore him/her -- thread-killer syndrome.

In short, this is a great forum, but it is hard to break into the clique and the motivation to try dies more and more with each thread you kill, and I am sure more so with each over-reaction and insult tossed your way. While some of you want newcomers to contribute more and be active members of the community, the overall tone of the boards is the opposite.

If we are already picking on noobs, is it really a good idea to institutionalize the existing cliquishness by having the "cool kids" decide who is "approved" to sell? And who doesn't already take into account the reputation of the seller, including the lack of one in the forum, when deciding to buy? Do we need a committee to tell us when to be cautious? And doesn't the CBCA already provide another way for a seller to promise ethics and integrity?

Keep up the ideas, FT and others, but from the perspective of someone who has not been invited to sit at the "cool table" at lunch (admittedly, I have not made the effort), this doesn't sound like that great an idea.

I have noticed a tendency toward cliquishness and "bullying" of noobs. Even when there is a mistake that needs to be pointed out, the reaction can be over the top. I also think there is a double standard. A long-time member can do/say things that the boards let slide, while a noob does something similar and gets flamed for it. Even when a noob is not flamed for an ignorant post, there is a tendency of the boards to just ignore him/her -- thread-killer syndrome.

Your post count isn't high enough to point this out, NOOB! :rulez:

I have noticed a tendency toward cliquishness and "bullying" of noobs. Even when there is a mistake that needs to be pointed out, the reaction can be over the top. I also think there is a double standard. A long-time member can do/say things that the boards let slide, while a noob does something similar and gets flamed for it. Even when a noob is not flamed for an ignorant post, there is a tendency of the boards to just ignore him/her -- thread-killer syndrome.

Your post count isn't high enough to point this out, NOOB! :rulez:

:signfunny: