• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1930s/40s GA pulps!

46 posts in this topic

Famous Fantastic Mysteries, June 1948 in VG+. Classic devil cover by the great Virgil Finlay. Rich color strike; small piece of tape at top of spine.

$23

Fantastic Adventures, July 1950 in G+. Completely insane "hot girl getting mauled by giant dog" cover! Very bright, glossy copy with deep reds on cover & spine.

$25

Back Fantastic Adventures, August 1950 in G+. Sexy GGA/devil cover! Clean pretty front with wear as shown; back has a 2" spine split at top.

$15

Back Science Fiction Quarterly, Feb 1953 in G/G+. Clean flat cover and colorful spine, but edges a bit chippy, esp. on back. Good-looking for the grade.

FREE with any purchase. :banana:

Back

Nice set of pulps. (worship)

The devil made me do it :takeit:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries, June 1948 in VG+. Classic devil cover by the great Virgil Finlay. Rich color strike; small piece of tape at top of spine.

$23

Fantastic Adventures, July 1950 in G+. Completely insane "hot girl getting mauled by giant dog" cover! Very bright, glossy copy with deep reds on cover & spine.

$25

Back Fantastic Adventures, August 1950 in G+. Sexy GGA/devil cover! Clean pretty front with wear as shown; back has a 2" spine split at top.

$15

Back Science Fiction Quarterly, Feb 1953 in G/G+. Clean flat cover and colorful spine, but edges a bit chippy, esp. on back. Good-looking for the grade.

Back

Wonderful pickup!!! :applause:

$23

$25

$15

Back

You got 'em! These three @ 10% off plus the freebie book. Thanks very much! (thumbs u

Marvel Science Stories, Nov 1938. Amazingly fresh, pretty copy of this classic Red Circle (pre-Timely) pulp!... with a near-nude GGA/bondage cover by Frank Paul. Bold, glossy cover colors and crisp, colorful spine; pages are white (!) with the barest tinge of yellowing, and the spine lettering is blood red (link). The only flaw of note is a piece torn off the ULC of the back cover (see link below); other than that, condition is pushing Fine. Very sharp copy for a 1938 pulp... VERY tough to find this nice.

$105

marvelscience.jpg

Back

These Pre-Timely Marvels are so cool!

Marvel Science Stories, Nov 1938. Amazingly fresh, pretty copy of this classic Red Circle (pre-Timely) pulp!... with a near-nude GGA/bondage cover by Frank Paul. Bold, glossy cover colors and crisp, colorful spine; pages are white (!) with the barest tinge of yellowing, and the spine lettering is blood red (link). The only flaw of note is a piece torn off the ULC of the back cover (see link below); other than that, condition is pushing Fine. Very sharp copy for a 1938 pulp... VERY tough to find this nice.

$105

marvelscience.jpg

Back

:takeit:

This is so bad. I promised myself I wouldn't start on pulps. :censored:

$105

marvelscience.jpg

Back

:applause:

$25 SOLD

fantadv7-50.jpg

Back

Nice pulps :) I saw this one and knew it wouldn't last long.

$105

Welcome to the madness! :insane:

I think this book will be right at home in your high-eye-appeal early GA collection, Andy. (thumbs u

Startling Stories, Sept. 1949 in VG/VG+. Sweet "good girl with gun"/dinosaur cover by Bergey. The white horizontal streaks are part of the artwork, not defects. Couple of tears on the back. Colorful spine with fairly minimal wear.

$23

start9-49.jpg

Back

Thrilling Detective, April 1934 in Good/Good+. Very cool early detective pulp with an 'oriental menace' cover theme, and absolutely blazing cover & spine reds... hard to believe this is from '34. Some tears on the back spine which have been glued and taped from inside. Bold colorful spine, tho some chips missing. Despite the wear, real attractive book.

$30

thrilltec1934.jpg

Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, June 1949 in GVG. Another beautiful Bergey sci-fi/GGA cover. Glossy book with bold colors, compromised only by a tear/split in the ULC and a discreet split at bottom spine. Nice spine colors.

$16

tws6-49.jpg

Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, April 1950 in Good+. Great Bergey cover with deep colors, but wear/tears around the edges; both covers have a 1.5" split at bottom; corner piece out on back. Spine has wear, but crisp & colorful. Presents very well for grade.

$15 SOLD

tws4-50.jpg

Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, Feb 1951 in GVG. Very pretty rocket cover. Nice glossy cover with some edge wear. Spine a bit worn, but colorful.

$10

tws4-51.jpg

Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, April 1950 in Good+. Great Bergey cover with deep colors, but wear/tears around the edges; both covers have a 1.5" split at bottom; corner piece out on back. Spine has wear, but crisp & colorful. Presents very well for grade.

$15

tws4-50.jpg

Back

"Planet of the small men" hm

Sounds like an interesting read.