• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,993 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2024 at 6:23 AM, marmat said:

I can confirm that everything Dave Sevens is super hot.

I sold at auction on MSC some foreign magazines with Stevens covers and the results were far beyond my expectations.

Now the question is if the buyer will actually pay for them

I was watching those and was shocked at the hammer prices.

Of course, I auctioned a Venus Domina through MCS and the result kind of stunk so it seems not every book is in huge demand. 

On 6/8/2024 at 12:23 PM, marmat said:

I can confirm that everything Dave Sevens is super hot.

I sold at auction on MSC some foreign magazines with Stevens covers and the results were far beyond my expectations.

Now the question is if the buyer will actually pay for them

Just got confirmation from MCS that the buyer paid for all the comics, so the sale is legit. Extremely happy with the results

On 6/22/2024 at 9:18 PM, OtherEric said:

I flat out told the store owner today that they should bump the price on this book, and if they didn't I would buy it to flip it since I already had two or three copies.  They didn't and I did.

VI2.jpg

I should have bought this when this was $30. I wish I owned a copy! 

Edited by littledoom

On 6/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, GACollectibles said:

*DELETED FOR NOW*

:dollars:

Topps released a trading card set for the Rocketeer in 1991 when the movie was new in theaters. It came during the brief period when Topps would also issue boxed factory sets featuring a complete base set (on better quality card stock than the cards found in regular packs), a set of the stickers, and best of all, roughly 20 bonus cards, usually featuring behind-the-scenes material. Here's one of those cards, exclusive to the Topps "Rocketeer" factory set, featuring Dave himself, along with Billy Campbell, who starred in the movie as Cliff Secord. I was lucky to meet Dave a few times at Comic-Con, but never thought to bring one of these for an autograph, unfortunately.

dave1.jpg

dave2.jpg

Edited by jdandns

Pulled out of a Marketplace lot I bought today. Bummer about the spine tics, but still fun to find when you're bulk-buying books for 40 cents apiece.

IMG_1804.thumb.JPG.09f180dfa1b2c9ae70ee319f4e56a0c9.JPG

Bought this for $10 today - I know it's a back cover to a few different books, so maybe a stretch based on condition, but I didn't have one, so I figured what the heck. And it goes nicely with the real DNAgents 24 I just got. I actually kind of like how it looks with the tanning/shadow/patina - goes well with the art.

IMG_1844.thumb.JPG.bf47707b07d783ce57fe590e24f6bef0.JPG

On 6/29/2024 at 7:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Bought this for $10 today - I know it's a back cover to a few different books, so maybe a stretch based on condition, but I didn't have one, so I figured what the heck. And it goes nicely with the real DNAgents 24 I just got. I actually kind of like how it looks with the tanning/shadow/patina - goes well with the art.

IMG_1844.thumb.JPG.bf47707b07d783ce57fe590e24f6bef0.JPG

Nice! Which back cover is this to?