• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

KGrHqFlME3HUclHhuBNyhUKBGQ_3.jpg

Anybody else think that one on the right might be Dave? It's not listed on the checklist.

I don't think they're Dave covers. I believe Scott Campbell did them. Cover has ad for getting Dave Stevens poster.

Edited by kdoginohio

http://www.vampilore.co.uk/harris/monthly1992.html

They also have a 4 card set of the Hughes covers, of which those above are two of them :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adam-Hughes-Vampirella-4-Card-EXC-Art-Set-500-MADE-/400214874607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2eaa59ef

Definitely not Dave.

Still..... I wonder if CGC labeled them as Dave covers? From that standpoint, they would be items of interest. (:

Actually it says "collect coupon inside for free Dave Stevens poster".

And, no it's not a Dave cover. While the face sorta looks like an expression he would do, there's no way he would give her big ole honkin' sausage fingers.

That cover was done by Adam Hughes.

lol... indeed. The face caused me to wonder, but the fingers caused me to doubt. But, that is totally a Stevens face :sumo:

And, no it's not a Dave cover. While the face sorta looks like an expression he would do, there's no way he would give her big ole honkin' sausage fingers.

lol... indeed. The face caused me to wonder, but the fingers caused me to doubt. But, that is totally a Stevens face :sumo:

Maybe AH is intentionally 'channeling' DS or something??? Arguably the 2 best "babe" artists ever..

Maybe AH is intentionally 'channeling' DS or something??? Arguably the 2 best "babe" artists ever..

And Armando Huerta and Giovanna Casotto and ....

Still..... I wonder if CGC labeled them as Dave covers? From that standpoint, they would be items of interest. (:

The one on the left is labeled as an Adam Hughes cover for sure, the one on the right I can't make out no matter how hard I squint. :lol:

They would be of interest for sure if CGC messed up on that, but then again they are anyway because of the coupon. I'm willing to bet it's for the "Transcending" poster Harris did back then. If so, there may be a pic of it in those, which makes it of interest to any completest Dave collector.

I just scored a set of all 5 of those, I'll let you guys know as soon as they come in.

Impressive!

I just had another Airboy graded that I thought was a slam dunk 9.8.

It got a 9.6. :( So if anyone is interested..... hm

Edited by sl4ppy

To me the even more obvious indication was the silicone teats. Dave's girls never had implants.