• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,946 posts in this topic

Bingo Bango Comics, 1900. Go look it up.

:whistle:

:gossip: But you and I should really share our story with the group one day about our "discussions" with the former publisher. What a chump champ!

Hey, I would have paid much more than that for a second print copy of that book, they are getting harder and harder to come by.

Keith/kdoginohio and I individually had contacted the original publisher of the 3-D Zone line. It turns out he has quite a few copies of the second printing, which he is selling for $25/ea.

But what you have to go through to kiss his ring, put up with his name-dropping ("My good friend Tom Jane and I were talking the other day..."), and groveling to get any of his books is just more painful than it is worth.

When we realized the both of us were hitting up the same seller and having the same experience, it became clear this is his special way of dealing with collectors. And he made it very clear he is not fond of fanboys collecting Stevens books because "... his good friend Dave Stevens wouldn't have wanted it that way."

Hopefully, while talking with his good friend Barack he got the lowdown what took place the other day via video.

:P

:lol: Wow! I hope that baby looks as good in person as it did on the computer. Make it cook you dinner for that price....

FYI, I didn't even bid on that one this time either. Or if I did I don't remember doing it :lol:

Congrats!

lol

It does look nice indeed. I hope it arrives looking sharp.

Even better, let's load the census with sharp copies so a certain single 9.8 owner doesn't feel lonely.

:wishluck:

lol

It does look nice indeed. I hope it arrives looking sharp.

Even better, let's load the census with sharp copies so a certain single 9.8 owner doesn't feel lonely.

:wishluck:

Would love to! :)

Great pickup Shark!

Keith/kdoginohio and I individually had contacted the original publisher of the 3-D Zone line. It turns out he has quite a few copies of the second printing, which he is selling for $25/ea.

But what you have to go through to kiss his ring, put up with his name-dropping ("My good friend Tom Jane and I were talking the other day..."), and groveling to get any of his books is just more painful than it is worth.

That sounds like a mess. Did you guys score the books from him?

That sounds like a mess. Did you guys score the books from him?

I've met Thomas Jane. I have a picture with him, he signed my Punisher/Archie books, told me he thought they were cool, and my mom thinks he's attractive. Wanna buy my books? :grin: