• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,940 posts in this topic

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

DaveStevensCovers1.jpg

DaveStevensCovers2.jpg

DaveStevensCovers3.jpg

DaveStevensCovers4.jpg

DaveStevensCovers5.jpg

DaveStevensCovers6.jpg

DaveStevensCovers7.jpg

Ok, seriously though...nice stuff! Recent pickup or just showing off the goods?

Just showing all of my Dave Stevens raw books. I actually missed a few (knew I had more somewhere) and a few more are on the way. I've been lucky enough to find a bunch of Dave covers in high grade lately even at local shops and for good prices too.

Anybody need a Grendel #4? :D

Grendel420.jpg

Not attempting to poo-poo on your hoard, but to me this one is more of a Pander Bros. cover than a Stevens cover, since it only has Stevens inks. To me, it looks nothing like the all Stevens covers that led me to collect his work in the first place.

Not attempting to poo-poo on your hoard, but to me this one is more of a Pander Bros. cover than a Stevens cover, since it only has Stevens inks. To me, it looks nothing like the all Stevens covers that led me to collect his work in the first place.

I hear where you are coming from on this book, Joe. But we also have quite a few Stevens completest that love to collect anything Stevens - including ads containing artwork from the original books. That's most probably who would add this book to their collection.

Speaking of which, I still need a copy of Cheval Noir #17 with the Rocketeer Stevens card inside, just to see what it looks like. That would be one I'd pick up due to my appreciation for the character. I did find a small image of it at the official Dave Stevens site.

dhcard.gif

I hear where you are coming from on this book, Joe. But we also have quite a few Stevens completest that love to collect anything Stevens - including ads containing artwork from the original books. That's most probably who would add this book to their collection.

Speaking of which, I still need a copy of Cheval Noir #17 with the Rocketeer Stevens card inside, just to see what it looks like. That would be one I'd pick up due to my appreciation for the character. I did find a small image of it at the official Dave Stevens site.

dhcard.gif

Yeah, and the only reason I bought 17 of the 20 pictured (I already had 3) is because I got them for 25 cents each. And all 17 were from one seller. :)