• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,946 posts in this topic

Well boys, wish me luck. Seventeen (17) various Dave books just arrived at CGC today. I sent them in Fast Track so should have them back in about 3 weeks. :wishluck:

Just got the grades from CGC. Here ya go:

Airboy #5 - 9.6,9.6,9.6

Crossfire #12 - 9.6

DNAgents #24 - 9.6

Planet Comics #1 - 9.8,9.8,9.6,9.6

Sheena 3-D Special #1 - 9.6,9.4

3-D Zone #16 - 9.6

Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15 (Twisted Tales) - 9.2

Vanguard Illustrated #2 - 9.8,9.4,9.4

Venus Domina Candlemass Eve Special #nn - 9.4

:whee:

Well boys, wish me luck. Seventeen (17) various Dave books just arrived at CGC today. I sent them in Fast Track so should have them back in about 3 weeks. :wishluck:

Airboy #5 - 9.6,9.6,9.6

Crossfire #12 - 9.6

DNAgents #24 - 9.6

3-D Zone #16 - 9.6

:applause:

Now those are some sweet grades, Mike.

Airboy #5 - 9.6,9.6,9.6

Crossfire #12 - 9.6

DNAgents #24 - 9.6

3-D Zone #16 - 9.6

How much for the DNAgents 24??

We could just move this to the B/S/T forum.

:baiting:

I know you poking fun, but I've been thinking about that. Is it wrong to offer books/items that are exclusive to a thread? I mean, do we have to take it to the sales threads? They sell art in the OA forums. Magazines are exchanged in that forum. I think offering Dave Stuff to Dave fans is ok. 2c

I know you poking fun, but I've been thinking about that. Is it wrong to offer books/items that are exclusive to a thread? I mean, do we have to take it to the sales threads? They sell art in the OA forums. Magazines are exchanged in that forum. I think offering Dave Stuff to Dave fans is ok. 2c

I went ahead and created a thread for most of those Dave books in the Copper/Modern Age selling area anyway. (thumbs u

Yes, you do :shy:

The rules are pretty clear on this - if you're selling books, those books need to be posted in the relevant FS forum. Saying that your books are for sale and soliciting offers in a discussion thread such as this one is a pretty clear circumvention of the forum rules.

Think about it for a sec ... if this rule wasn't in place, every other post in a thread such as the Walking Dead one would be people offering up books for sale because they know that that thread gets a lot of views. And everyone & their mother would be trying to pimp their books in the heavily-trafficked Comics General :ohnoez:

Also ... the OA forum has its own "Original Comic Art Marketplace" forum for selling - you aren't allowed to sell OA in the main OA forum either.

Yes, you do :shy:

The rules are pretty clear on this - if you're selling books, those books need to be posted in the relevant FS forum. Saying that your books are for sale and soliciting offers in a discussion thread such as this one is a pretty clear circumvention of the forum rules.

Think about it for a sec ... if this rule wasn't in place, every other post in a thread such as the Walking Dead one would be people offering up books for sale because they know that that thread gets a lot of views. And everyone & their mother would be trying to pimp their books in the heavily-trafficked Comics General :ohnoez:

Also ... the OA forum has its own "Original Comic Art Marketplace" forum for selling - you aren't allowed to sell OA in the main OA forum either.

Whoa, big fella! Just thinkng outloud. I don't wanna rock the boat. BTW, what the heck is your avatar supposed to be? :)

I was just clowning around, but now that I think about it the thread had changed a bit from a show and tell to a show and sell.
hm Maybe, but I think of it as helping each other to find shtuff that we can't find elsewhere. IMHO