• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I have 2 copies I'm sending in next week :wishluck:

That's why I always liked you best - Mr. On-The-Ball.

:applause:

I feel like Tommy Smothers right now. :cry::baiting:

lol

That's why I always liked you best - great humor references.

:blush:

What office are you running for again? :lol:

I have 2 copies I'm sending in next week :wishluck:

That's why I always liked you best - Mr. On-The-Ball.

:applause:

I feel like Tommy Smothers right now. :cry::baiting:

lol

That's why I always liked you best - great humor references.

:blush:

What office are you running for again? :lol:

That's why I always liked you best - hm - well, just because.

:grin:

Oh, FYI...just after we mentioned it yesterday there is a Space Vixen NM on the bay... a little pricey for my tastes but if it truly is NM it would be worth it after slabbing.

That's the same board member that sold two others, including a Buy Now that shocked even him. Elijah Snow.

yeah, i was kinda knocked over too lol/ I priced it high so i could keep it for a while. (it's currently on the wall in my comic room.) So.......i think it lasted around 2 months at that price. Luckily i got another one recently. It's not as nice, but i can put it right back on the wall :)

Interesting time to bring up pricey Stevens books, as this just knocked me over.

3-D Zone #16 Space Vixens Rare

Seriously - $70 for this book? I can't believe someone paid that much.

doh!

Board member Elijah Snow must be shaking his head even since this is his Ebay account.

I've seen 3 second printings of that book (Quack #1) this year out at shows, which is rather strange as I haven't run into ANY 1st prints...

What in the books has told you that the Quack #1's you have seen were 2nd prints? Currently known information via various underground comix price guides and web sites says there is only one printing of all issues of Quack.

Wow! Looking back through his auctions, Reynold Jay has made some big money off of selling high-grade Stevens books. And the amazing thing is it is constant repeats of the same books (Starslayer 1, Starslayer 2, Starslayer 3, King Kong 1, Jungle Comics 1, Pacific Presents 1, Pacific Presents 2, etc.).

It's good to have a high-grade stash during these times.

It's the nicest one i've had. It's got a spine ding pretty close to parallel with the chick on the rights tattoo. It's tough to see, but you can barely make it out in the scan. I think easy 9.4 maybe 9.6/ I don't think 9.8 with the little crease and the one slightly soft corner but who knows these days...It's posted currently on my "space vixens" slot on the wall. Def. my favorite Stevens cover.

Oh, FYI...just after we mentioned it yesterday there is a Space Vixen NM on the bay... a little pricey for my tastes but if it truly is NM it would be worth it after slabbing.

That's the same board member that sold two others, including a Buy Now that shocked even him. Elijah Snow.

yeah, i was kinda knocked over too lol/ I priced it high so i could keep it for a while. (it's currently on the wall in my comic room.) So.......i think it lasted around 2 months at that price. Luckily i got another one recently. It's not as nice, but i can put it right back on the wall :)

Interesting time to bring up pricey Stevens books, as this just knocked me over.

3-D Zone #16 Space Vixens Rare

Seriously - $70 for this book? I can't believe someone paid that much.

doh!

Board member Elijah Snow must be shaking his head even since this is his Ebay account.