• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,915 posts in this topic

Didnt realize those were the Bosman, You have sets 3,5,14,14,14,15,16 ! Looks like you have been doing some buying.

That's a lot of DS books in there! Sticker em one set and be top dog.

Or are those for sale?

Didnt realize those were the Bosman, You have sets 3,5,14,14,14,15,16 ! Looks like you have been doing some buying.

That's a lot of DS books in there! Sticker em one set and be top dog.

Or are those for sale?

Gemma and I had a discussion about this before my move, as I only had two sets listed for any given title. But I wanted to use the Registry for inventory purposes so I could prove ownership. Unfortunately, you can not add books to the Registry and not have them show up.

But of course you knew whose sets these were, pre and post-Ignore. No worries on being top dog - you take that spot. It's more about owning the books we all love.

And at least by participating in this thread, you learn about the rarity of some of these books. It's a great collection to have.

No I did not; I don't actually follow your stuff/posts/books our only interaction was really our pms back and forth, but I thought it was odd tht there was no registry Bosco listing, still some people discuss a lot but don't list books. No big deal.

People pm me when my name is mentioned in threads that I don't usually follow.

I keep finding a lot of damage on books from eBay, I'm never sure if it happened in transit or was just never visible in the poor picture beore hand.

I still don't think they are rare, just under slabbed, let's check back in a year. They are popular but not to the extent that high prices woud be sustainable over say 5 to 10 buyers. That's just my thought/opinion, I coud well be wrong. Time will tell, it's good to be a seller when the census is low.

Edited by Doc Joe

People pm me when my name is mentioned in threads that I don't usually follow.

Me too. Where was that? :popcorn:

I keep finding a lot of damage on books from eBay, I'm never sure if it happened in transit or was just never visible in the poor picture beore hand.

That's the challenge with this venue. Asking questions in advance will flesh out the solid sellers from the fly-by-nights. But even then, some sellers change their packing practices.

I still don't think they are rare, just under slabbed, let's check back in a year. They are popular but not to the extent that high prices woud be sustainable over say 5 to 10 buyers. That's just my thought/opinion, I coud well be wrong. Time will tell, it's good to be a seller when the census is low.

I agree - we shall see as the market is funny like this. But this is also why Gemma works to administer the registry sets based on periodic feedback to account for such changes. Asking her to ignore recent sales and wait for future sales to make a decision on points assignment would be an odd approach for books that come up rarely.

Even books like Harbinger 1 CGC 9.8 that used to receive 1,500 points due to its price ($1,500-$2,500) and scarcity at the time (three 9.8's) have been adjusted down to account for availabilty and price reduction. It's that flexibility to market changes which makes the registry fair and realistic.

Got the results from one of my latest subs. Here is a sampling of the DS books I'll be getting back shortly. Sending in another sub this weekend... :banana:

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Bettie Page: Queen of the Nile 1 9.6 WHITE (going to my set)

Bettie Page: Queen of the Nile 1 9.6 WHITE

Cheval Noir 7 9.4 WHITE

Dark Horse Presents 100 9.8 WHITE (going to my set)

Dark Horse Presents 100 9.6 WHITE

DV8 1 9.8 WHITE (going to my set)

DV8 1 9.6 WHITE

Starslayer 1 9.6 WHITE (going to my set)

Starslayer 1 9.6 WHITE

Starslayer 2 9.8 WHITE - 1st Rocketeer :cloud9:

Starslayer 2 9.6 WHITE - 1st Rocketeer :cloud9:

Vanguard Illustrated 2 9.8 WHITE

Got a ton of keepers for my registry sets so, overall pretty happy with the sub.

Got the results from one of my latest subs. Here is a sampling of the DS books I'll be getting back shortly. Sending in another sub this weekend... :banana:

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.8 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Alien Worlds 4 9.6 WHITE

Bettie Page: Queen of the Nile 1 9.6 WHITE (going to my set)

Bettie Page: Queen of the Nile 1 9.6 WHITE

Cheval Noir 7 9.4 WHITE

Dark Horse Presents 100 9.8 WHITE (going to my set)

Dark Horse Presents 100 9.6 WHITE

DV8 1 9.8 WHITE (going to my set)

DV8 1 9.6 WHITE

Starslayer 1 9.6 WHITE (going to my set)

Starslayer 1 9.6 WHITE

Starslayer 2 9.8 WHITE - 1st Rocketeer :cloud9:

Starslayer 2 9.6 WHITE - 1st Rocketeer :cloud9:

Got a ton of keepers for my registry sets so, overall pretty happy with the sub.

:whee:

You found one?

That is so ambiguous....one what?

We've had a little competition going on a Destiny #2.

:wishluck:

I want credit, though. At least I had someone provide us a full scan of the entire fanzine.

:blush:

You found one?

Alas, poor Yorick! I have not. My trail has gone cold for now. :(

I have met some very interesting folks on my quest and I will relay my travels in the coming weeks. For now, I will savor the spoils and regroup for another search in the future. :acclaim: