• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

In other news, I am placing myself on 3 weeks comic buying probation. (tsk)

I am so ashamed.... :facepalm:

But it made sense at the time...

Daniel is tight on moderns. Have it pressed and sent to CGC. Bet you still get a 9.8

That was my thinking at the time. We shall see. Even if it comes back a 9.6, it's still an upgrade for me of a hard to find book.

Okay, probation reduced to 2 weeks. (thumbs u

BTW, the book arrived today safe and sound. Thanks again.

Isn't that the one he won on Ebay and two weeks later posted it in a PGX case? That account belongs to a PGX employee - THE employee.

I was not aware of that. Pretty shady. What makes you think it Daniel's account?

Not that it's definitive, but the Paypal name for payment was a "Brady G."

Isn't that the one he won on Ebay and two weeks later posted it in a PGX case? That account belongs to a PGX employee - THE employee.

I was not aware of that. Pretty shady. What makes you think it Daniel's account?

Also, looking at their recent ebay purchases, he has purchased several Oregon football related items, comics, and Dave Stevens related items. Also, there was one private auction that I obviously couldn't view. hm

On further investigation, the Private Auction was a House of Secrets 92 and Swamp Thing 1.

Edited by USCMitch

It's been discussed at length previously - it is his latest eBay account.

Must be nice to be able to buy raw books and choose which grade they should be prior to putting them in the slabbin' machine :ohnoez:

It's been discussed at length previously - it is his latest eBay account.

Must be nice to be able to buy raw books and choose which grade they should be prior to putting them in the slabbin' machine :ohnoez:

:o

:tonofbricks:

Daniel is tight on moderns. Have it pressed and sent to CGC. Bet you still get a 9.8

Daniel isn't tight on moderns. The grade is reflective of how much money he wants for the book. Besides that, he's a crook. It's been proven time and again.

I'm sure he appreciates the support, though.

Well, that didn't take PGX long to catch on to the Stevens game.

Ryan bought a 3-D Zone 16 under his djbrady4u Ebay account, which also included a Planet Comics #1.

Space Vixens/Planet Comics with Covers by Dave Stevens (April 4, 2012)

Submitting his prized book to the PGX basement climate-controlled grading center, Ryan discovered this was a 9.8 WP.

3-D ZONE #16 Space Vixens PGX 9.8 Dave Stevens ART Highest graded copy (May 10, 2012)

And VOILA - instant cash maker by selling it through the same account.

$(KGrHqN,!jME-eD9m)g2BPpKjFJOZg~~60_12.JPG

:applause:

:bump:

Sorry Mitch, but this is the book he won on Ebay with a Planet Comics #1 and then turned right around and encased the book to sell on Ebay within a few weeks of receiving it. I had posted a warning back on May 5th what was going on.

This is Ryan (PGX's "grader"), who Designer Toast and others identified in a Comics General thread after seeing him pull the same game with House of Secrets 92 and other Bronze Age keys. And the HOS 92 ended up being encased as PGX's version of an SS ( :eek: ). And to prove he is shilling his own account, that same 3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 sold for $99 when he posted it, yet here it is again.

3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 no-sale - $99

:foryou:

But this thread was also eye-opening. What a great way to make money by purchasing lower-grade CGC books, crack them out and "regrade" them, and then insert them in a PGX case with a different label.

former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

:facepalm:

Return that book and get your money back.

Daniel isn't tight on moderns. The grade is reflective of how much money he wants for the book. Besides that, he's a crook. It's been proven time and again.

I'm sure he appreciates the support, though.

Not so much support as an observation. I have not dealt with PGX in years since I found this place. But all the moderns that I sent them have come back from CGC at a higher grade for the most part.

I was not aware of this deception going on though. Thanks for the heads up...

Well, that didn't take PGX long to catch on to the Stevens game.

Ryan bought a 3-D Zone 16 under his djbrady4u Ebay account, which also included a Planet Comics #1.

Space Vixens/Planet Comics with Covers by Dave Stevens (April 4, 2012)

Submitting his prized book to the PGX basement climate-controlled grading center, Ryan discovered this was a 9.8 WP.

3-D ZONE #16 Space Vixens PGX 9.8 Dave Stevens ART Highest graded copy (May 10, 2012)

And VOILA - instant cash maker by selling it through the same account.

$(KGrHqN,!jME-eD9m)g2BPpKjFJOZg~~60_12.JPG

:applause:

:bump:

Sorry Mitch, but this is the book he won on Ebay with a Planet Comics #1 and then turned right around and encased the book to sell on Ebay within a few weeks of receiving it. I had posted a warning back on May 5th what was going on.

This is Ryan (PGX's "grader"), who Designer Toast and others identified in a Comics General thread after seeing him pull the same game with House of Secrets 92 and other Bronze Age keys. And the HOS 92 ended up being encased as PGX's version of an SS ( :eek: ). And to prove he is shilling his own account, that same 3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 sold for $99 when he posted it, yet here it is again.

3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 no-sale - $99

:foryou:

But this thread was also eye-opening. What a great way to make money by purchasing lower-grade CGC books, crack them out and "regrade" them, and then insert them in a PGX case with a different label.

umber=5363324&Searchpage=1&Main=245290&Words=djbrady4u&topic=0&Search=true#Post5363324'>former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

:facepalm:

Return that book and get your money back.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Ironically, I started regularly following this thread just after it was discussed. I knew I should have stuck with my rule to stay away from PGX.

Any advice on how to go about returning it? If all this true, I'm sure he will make it difficult to get a refund.

Actually, that seems to be the one thing he has done right. If you want to return a slab, and explain why, he does take them back. At least that was what he did under his Von Doom account when someone bought me a Copper Age sweet gift and we discovered the first print was actually a second print, and the 9.4 on the label was drastically out of whack from the real book condition.

Actually, that seems to be the one thing he has done right. If you want to return a slab, and explain why, he does take them back. At least that was what he did under his Von Doom account when someone bought me a Copper Age sweet gift and we discovered the first print was actually a second print, and the 9.4 on the label was drastically out of whack from the real book condition.

Thanks for the valuable information. I thought I was past such mistakes but apparently not. I think as a general rule of thumb I will start running searches for ebay seller names here before any purchase over $100.00.

Again, a sincere thanks. :foryou: