• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Finally received my "Dave Stevens: Cover's and Stories" from Amazon today. (Pre-ordered in June). Beautiful book. Really liked the Sheena Redux art. I think the second version was clearly better. :whee:

Also, picked this beauty up from my post in the Wanted to Buy forum. Been looking for on for months, and now I have one. :cloud9::whee: :whee:

th_DNAgents24.jpg

Now if only CGC would get somewhat caught up and get my submission from July graded and shipped back to me, I could dance an improvised Irish jig.

Finally received my "Dave Stevens: Cover's and Stories" from Amazon today. (Pre-ordered in June). Beautiful book. Really liked the Sheena Redux art. I think the second version was clearly better. :whee:

Also, picked this beauty up from my post in the Wanted to Buy forum. Been looking for on for months, and now I have one. :cloud9::whee: :whee:

th_dnagents-24-cgc-98-f_zpsb41cc41b.jpg

Now if only CGC would get somewhat caught up and get my submission from July graded and shipped back to me, I could dance an improvised Irish jig.

wow! :applause:

Now you can finally rid yourself of that longbox of DNAgent 24s you have amassed.

:applause:

:whistle:

Sure is quiet here.....

Kind of makes me sad.

Oh, I have a few more Dave items to show you guys. I'll post 'em tomorrow.

I know all of these have been posted in here before, but do we ever get tired of seeing anything Dave related? Why no, we don't! :whee:

:gossip: All of these books have been purchased off of feeBay in the last 3 weeks.

First up....my 2nd very nice copy of Comico Attractions in NM+. Paid $5.00 for this one.

AlienWorlds2NMDaveStevenscover.jpg

Up next....my 3rd nice copy of Eclipse Graphic Album #15 (Twisted Tales). Looks like a NM+ but has some color loss on the back cover. $8.99 for this copy.

EclipseGraphicAlbumSeries15NM-DaveStevenscover.jpg

Picked this one up on eBay from our own Jeff Li. Sorry Jeff, but I stole this one. Only $12.07! :o

JonnyQuest3CGC96.jpg

Got this one, my 2nd NM+ copy of Alter Ego #21, from the same seller as the Twisted Tales. $9.99.

AlterEgo21bNMDaveStevenscover.jpg

And the best purchase I've had lately. Saw these on eBay and took a chance. Seller was selling these in lots of 10 on eBay for $9.99 with FREE shipping! I bought one lot of 10 (he actually sent me 12) and all but one of them just had a non-color breaking corner bend at the top right corner. So after a slight press I now have 11 NM+ copies of this book. I just bought another lot of 10 last night at the same price. :)

SeductionoftheInnocent3-D1NMDaveStevenscover11copies.jpg

Now you can finally rid yourself of that longbox of DNAgent 24s you have amassed.

It's funny because it's true... :grin:

But I might just have to keep them anyway. It is a great cover.

Picked this one up on eBay from our own Jeff Li. Sorry Jeff, but I stole this one. Only $12.07! :o

JonnyQuest3CGC96.jpg

That was quite the steal. Sharp looking book, Mike.

Yeah, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. At least it went to a good home. (thumbs u

I can understand that reasoning. There are some Stevens covers you just can't help but to collect them.

:cloud9:

I can understand that reasoning. There are some Stevens covers you just can't help but to collect them.

:cloud9:

Unfortunately, I have no explanation for the 12 copies of True Love 1 that I also have.

:hi: Kinda bored, guys. Not really sure what to look for next. Does anyone have that one Dave item that they think is out of their reach? If it's OA, be specific. I've got something in mind. Probably won't focus on it till after the holidays. I was just curious about other people's wants. Edited by kdoginohio

And the best purchase I've had lately. Saw these on eBay and took a chance. Seller was selling these in lots of 10 on eBay for $9.99 with FREE shipping! I bought one lot of 10 (he actually sent me 12) and all but one of them just had a non-color breaking corner bend at the top right corner. So after a slight press I now have 11 NM+ copies of this book. I just bought another lot of 10 last night at the same price. :)

SeductionoftheInnocent3-D1NMDaveStevenscover11copies.jpg

Glad you mentioned this,I found the seller and picked up a set myself.Hope I get as lucky as you on the condition.

He listed another 10 so that makes at least 40 he had.

I sure would like to know print runs and or sales on the Eclipse/First/Pacific/Etc...lines.

:hi: Kinda bored, guys. Not really sure what to look for next. Does anyone have that one Dave item that they think is out of their reach? If it's OA, be specific. I've got something in mind. Probably won't focus on it till after the holidays. I was just curious about other people's wants.

Oooohh... so many answers. hm

As much as I would love to own some Stevens OA, I'm pretty sure that my taste far outpace my finances in this case.

As far as books go, the one that has absolutely eluded me so far is a HG copy Glamour International 7. One of my favorite images.

Also would love to have a signed and numbered litho of "Betty's Bath" or "Betty's Boudoir" but see the same difficulty as the OA above.

All in all though, I can't complain, if it was all easy it wouldn't be any fun. :grin:

On an entirely unrelated note, I should have some really exciting acquisitions (exciting for me anyway) to share late this week or over the weekend. [blatant tease :devil:]