• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Elvira's House of Mystery 11 9.8[/b]

Most excited about the Elvira's House of Mystery 11. Purchased it as a VF/NM from Graham Cracker Comics. A nice press from joeypost later, a nice 9.8. :whee:

YOU LUCKY SPOON! :cry:

Yes, I am. :foryou:

However, I seem to be snakebit on my World of Wood submissions. Missed on my World of Wood 1 in my previous submission and barely missed on this World of Wood 2. Really, really wanted the World of Wood 1 9.8. Oh well. The quest continues.

The best Elvira 11 I've been able to find is a solid 9.4. I've looked through hundreds of floor dollar boxes trying to find a better one.

Congrats on the grade. That's one tough book to find in nice shape for whatever reason.

I have multiple flawless copies of issue 1 through 10. :cry:

Cheval Noir 7 9.8

:takeit:

That one's staying. It goes well with the Cheval Noir 1 9.8. Surprisingly, the Cheval Noir 7 was an ebay purchase that actaully turned out to be as good as advertised. However, I will be selling a very nice Cheval Noir 7 9.4 very soon. :baiting:

Sadly, I have a few sub-9.8's already. :(

Does anyone know anything about the second printing of The Rocketeer Artist's Edition? I thought it was supposed to be shipping this month but the store I pre-ordered from online cancelled my order and refunded my payment without any information as to why. Was it delayed or cancelled? I'm not finding any information online or on the IDW site about it. (shrug)

:gossip: that was twice what I paid for mine.... but at least there will be another one on the census soon I bet! :applause:

???

Not sure who was following it but another copy of Back Issues came available on the bay from the same person I bought mine. Looked a little worse than mine but still pretty nice. Then again those marks may be on the scanner and not the book itself. I'm betting it was somebody adding to the registry.

:gossip: that was twice what I paid for mine.... but at least there will be another one on the census soon I bet! :applause:

???

Not sure who was following it but another copy of Back Issues came available on the bay from the same person I bought mine. Looked a little worse than mine but still pretty nice. Then again those marks may be on the scanner and not the book itself. I'm betting it was somebody adding to the registry.

My copy of Back Issues leaves for Sarasota tomorrow morning. I put it in with a magazine submission. Was that correct or should I have submiited it as a comic? (shrug)

BTW, I'm sending in 2 really nice copies of Alter Ego #21 and one will be for sale when I get them back next month. Send me a PM if you have any interest.

???

My copy of Back Issues leaves for Sarasota tomorrow morning. I put it in with a magazine submission. Was that correct or should I have submiited it as a comic? (shrug)

BTW, I'm sending in 2 really nice copies of Alter Ego #21 and one will be for sale when I get them back next month. Send me a PM if you have any interest.

Mine was subbed as a comic because it is small enough to fit in the comic holder.

???

I was thinking that may be what you were referring to.

I was watching it but missed the ending. Don't think I would've won regardless, not a $40 book to me, but I rarely see copies available.

Just got the grades for the small batch of books I sent Modern Fast Track in December. Very, very pleased. Even though I thought for sure the Official Rocketeer Movie Adaptation was a 9.8. (shrug)

Rocketeer Adventure Magazine 1 9.8

World of Wood 2 9.6

Pacific Presents 2 9.8 (This one will be going in the sales thread also.)

Rocketeer Official Movie Adaptation 9.6

Cheval Noir 7 9.8

Elvira's House of Mystery 11 9.8

Most excited about the Elvira's House of Mystery 11. Purchased it as a VF/NM from Graham Cracker Comics. A nice press from joeypost later, a nice 9.8. :whee:

These all arrived today. Beating my non-fast tracked submission from July back to me. :P