• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Wow. Impressions really change with the color page. I'm sticking with Lon Chaney, Kovacs, and Alfalfa, but all the others are off. Bosco, I think maybe you're right about Lucy.

211h_zps204fd27e.jpg

Aunt May? Sinatra? Fatty Arbuckle? Hitchcock? Gable? Ned Flanders? Errol Flynn?

Edited by Paper Airplane

For you.

:foryou:

Errol_Flynn_in_Captain_Blood_trailer.JPG

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:baiting:

She was a handsome man. No, he was really kick azz. If my life was as half as interesting as his was, i'd be cool.

I'd hope to go out a little better.

The results of the autopsy discovered that Flynn had a number of ailments including "fatty degeneration of the liver, portal cirrhosis of the liver and diverticulosis of the colon." Years of hard living had apparently taken a toll on Flynn's body, and an unnamed official from the coroner's office said the actor's body was that "of a tired old man—old before his time, and sick."

But what a crazy life he led.

He said something like " do everything there is to do in this world, and then do it twice?" The best part of my week is getting a baby sitter, and going out to dinner for two hours. Not THAT is crazy living!

So as I was looking at this page, I got to wondering if we could identify all the celebrities making an appearance on this page? I see Rita Hayworth, Ernie Kovacs (?), Lon Chaney, just to get started:

RocketeerPageB_zps680a743a.jpg

Carl Switzer and Raymond Burr.

Lower left corner, next to Jean. I'm going to guess that's Buster Crabbe next to Carl Switzer (Alfalfa). I'm surprised no one's mentioned Spanky McFarland. I guess TV reruns have changed.

Could that be Don Wilson (Jack Benny's announcer) sitting behind Rita to the right?

Could that be Don Wilson (Jack Benny's announcer) sitting behind Rita to the right?

I love Jack Benny reruns and his early radio show recordings. Still funny stuff to this day!

Wilson_Don.gif