• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

So question for my fellow Stevens fans:

Elvira is still out there signing autos and she will be at Dragon Con in a few weeks. I'm thinking about getting a House of Mystery #11 signature series. Worth it or not?

Elvira is still out there signing autos and she will be at Dragon Con in a few weeks. I'm thinking about getting a House of Mystery #11 signature series. Worth it or not?

Only if you get to do the motorboat after the signing.

:makepoint: Seriously? You have to ask?

Cassandra Peterson :cloud9:

Cassandra Peterson :cloud9:

The Bolland cover is also hot. :grin:

So I just got my package from Dre today that had my San Diego Dave Stevens sketchbook in it. Man was it ever worth it. There was stuff in that book I had never seen before that I am going to be on the hunt for now...I'm not sure if that just means it's just that much rarer or what but stuff like a Detective Comics cover that never got published? Who's sitting on that and why hasn't someone found a way to get that thing to print? A Captain America cover? wow. Just wow. Some of the other beauties I had never seen too... :cloud9: Dave you truly were taken from us too soon.

This brings up a good question. If something like that had been given to you as a wedding gift would you keep it to yourself or share it with the world? The person has at least put it on CAF and in the sketchbook so to some extent it has been shared, but if I was someone at Marvel looking to do a "Retro" like DC has been doing lately THIS would be the cover I wanted. Make it a one-shot or a lost issue or even a time machine issue. That cover demands a story be written to go inside and be published. Would you be willing to let it be published or would you keep it to yourself?

Those images you haven't seen before are commission pieces or gifts. I think both the Cap and Detective were done in 2002.

Most of them are yes, but I realized some of the stuff like the early work or some of the non-comic or traditional stuff we think of might be out there as well...

I'm sure it is out there. Probably stuck away in someones attic. Gotta hit those garage sales.