• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

Why would you keep the Rocketeer Adventure Magazine set separate and not fold that in to the "Complete" set? I would think 3 sets would be sufficient unless there is a valid reason to separate the RAM books:

Rocketeer (1982-1984)

Rocketeer (Complete)

Rocketeer (IDW)

(shrug)

You could consolidate down to three sets - there's no question there. But it may depend on the collecting focus of registry holders.

- Rocketeer (1982-1984): If this contains just the original five issues, which I know this is what you mean, then it is not a problem. But some like to also collect Starslayer 1 because of the back cover advertisement for the Rocketeer. That book would be better to be captured in the Rocketeer (Complete) set. So may be better to distinguish this set by stating it is the first story arc.

- The Rocketeer: Cliff's New York Adventure: The second story arc, contained in Rocketeer Adventure Magazine 1-3. I think some were just collecting these Rocketeer books, which is why it was the original registry set. If you consolidate it into the Rocketeer Complete set, it would take away from those collectors. This is a cool little series anyway - contains a Lamont Cranston appearance.

That's the only concerns with making any Rocketeer changes. At least adding the IDW set will account for the new books, which is a good thing.