• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

So I was randomly searching for comic book stores within a 30 mile radius of my house and stumbled into one I hadn't had a chance to peruse previously. Took nearly two hours but I found about $80 worth of comics (1st Death, 2nd Gambit, lots of odds and ends) that they were having a half off sale on. Found a Xena cover by Dave Stevens in there that I picked up for a $1. Made my day :)

So I was randomly searching for comic book stores within a 30 mile radius of my house and stumbled into one I hadn't had a chance to peruse previously. Took nearly two hours but I found about $80 worth of comics (1st Death, 2nd Gambit, lots of odds and ends) that they were having a half off sale on. Found a Xena cover by Dave Stevens in there that I picked up for a $1. Made my day :)
Yeah, that Xena cover wasn't on my list. Never even crossed my mind till I found it. :D

DaveStevens_Vargas_med.jpg

What's that you say? That's not Dave Stevens art... it's Alberto Vargas.

While they are clearly both masters of "Good Girl Art" this book doesn't belong in this topic about Dave Stevens...

I agree. This book doesn't belong in this topic... except for the fact that it was Dave Stevens' personal copy. :cloud9:

DaveStevens_Vargas_Certificate_med.jpg