• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titles with multiple pedigrees

6 posts in this topic

I was moving my Whiz issues to a new box today, and realized I had at least one Crowley, D copy, and Mile High ped in the run. I think I've seen an Okajima before for sale, and I'm sure there at least a couple other peds too.

What single GA title do you guys think is covered by the most peds?

I'm going to guess that most pedigrees will cross over on Action, Detective, Superman, Batman & Whiz Comics. Maybe add Marvel Mystery & Captain America, but Timely's don't show up as often as DCs from that period.

Action and Detective seem the likely books given their longevity.

Pep is another title that should contain most pedigrees. The ones that it wouldn't have would be the SA/BA pedigrees that did not contain any Archie books.

Batman and Superman. Some pedigrees consist only of #1 issues and Action and Detective started too early. Pep and Archie are not nearly as well-represented as Bats/Supe.

:sumo:

DC's House of Mystery and Strange Adventures. Early issues were part of the Aurora, Bethlehem, Big Apple, Church (a few), Crippen, Northford, Nova Scotia, River City, Spokane, Toronto, and White Mountain Collections. Later 12-cent era SA issues were contained in the Pacific Coast Collection and others.