• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Label issue - upper label dangling from the slab

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have a CGC 9.4 graded copy of Justice League 148 from the Bronze Age. The right portion of the CGC label on the “lid” of the slab between the front and back covers (not the area above the front cover with the grade and comments) is “dangling “and is hanging from the slab. The left portion of the label seems to be secure. I tried pressing it down gently but it will not stick.

I guess I could get the book reholdered. It’s not a very expensive book. It’s more of a sentimental issue since it’s one of the 1st comics my mother bought when I was a kid. And I am a big JSA fan.

Is there a way I could get this label safely back on the slab? I guess it’s not much of a big deal. The book is safely tucked in the slab and the slab is fine, just this label is hanging off the slab.

Any thoughts/opinion would be welcome.

Thanks!

Anthony

use a glue stick

on the label

not on the plastic

Or you could do this...

1) Locate the portion of the label that is not stuck to the slab.

2) Place that portion between your index finger and your thumb.

3) Grip the portion firmly.

4) Yank it as if you are starting a lawnmower.

5) Enjoy your dangle free slab.

I really should get into the PSA industry. :foryou:

use a glue stick

on the label

not on the plastic

agreed. I've had buyers cancel a transaction because of that top label either being partially or wholly detached. now THAT is truly buying the label.

up to you - but if it's intact, just a tiny bit of glue will do it.

I had to argue with CGC once because they had an upper label of 9.6 and it was a 9.8 regular label. We checked the # and it was a 9.8 HTD #13 but many emails later I gave up. I finally cornered them at a show and they very kindly repackaged the whole comic for me for free! Depends on who you talk to, I guess. But it sure doesn't (or didn't) look right when pulling out your CGC box.

If you're seriously considering paying CGC $40 - or whatever it costs to reholder and ship it back to you - to glue your top label back on your book, you might have too much money.

Seriously, just glue the thing back on. It's not a Faberge egg, you're not going to break anything