• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your theme...?

82 posts in this topic

I collect head/neck trauma covers. It's a fairly broad category and covers all the high points of gold/atomic age comics...exploding faces, melting faces, decapitation, ocular intimidation, psychadelic experiences, hangings, etc.

groupshot.jpg

Now THAT is impressive! (worship)

Frogs :)

Do you have this one?

85861415611.12.GIF

One of my favorites. ;)

That's a very under appreciated series IMO. The Rucko/Risso stand alone issue featuring the Kingpin is one of my favorite comics.

I collect head/neck trauma covers. It's a fairly broad category and covers all the high points of golden/atomic age comics...exploding faces, melting faces, decapitation, ocular intimidation, psychedelic experiences, hangings, etc.

groupshot.jpg

Interesting subgenre! Is G.I. Combat 1 a particular fave? One of the most violent of the precode war covers.

I collect head/neck trauma covers. It's a fairly broad category and covers all the high points of golden/atomic age comics...exploding faces, melting faces, decapitation, ocular intimidation, psychedelic experiences, hangings, etc.

groupshot.jpg

Interesting subgenre! Is G.I. Combat 1 a particular fave? One of the most violent of the precode war covers.

My post was kind of a joke. I just collect horror covers, with no real emphasis. I just found it kind of interesting that most of the top atomic age covers have some sort of head violence going on with them.

GIC 1? Are you sure you have the right issue? It's not particularly violent at all, just a guy with a machine gun. Did you mean War Fury 1?

What, if any, is your theme? That is, what do you like to collect that is not related to anything but a specific cover theme, rather than a character.

I'm kinda partial to 50's DC green colored covers for some odd reason. I just love how they look

AAMOW_52.jpg

AAMOW_64.jpg

OFF29.jpg

groupshot.jpg

"Ocular intimidation." lol

Yeah, my comic fetish is pretty well known. My want list is down to eight books and I am looking forward to seeing if I can complete it without robbing Mark Haspel's collection, since he has the only Army Motors comic I have seen.

Amazing-Spider-Man-590-vari.jpg

Sgt-Bilko-6-cgc.jpg

Zip-20-CGC.jpg