• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Novel are you reading right now?

138 posts in this topic

yea characters names the same, but follows loosely. If you PM me your address Dupont, I'll send out the first paperback to you.

Just as a note regarding a previous post. The trailer for the Romanek's adaptation of Ishiguro's Never Let me Go hit the web this week. Has a solid cast of Carey Mulligan, Charlotte Rampling, Nathalie Richard, Andrea Riseborough, and Sally Hawkins to go along with Keira Knightley.

Just as a note regarding a previous post. The trailer for the Romanek's adaptation of Ishiguro's Never Let me Go hit the web this week. Has a solid cast of Carey Mulligan, Charlotte Rampling, Nathalie Richard, Andrea Riseborough, and Sally Hawkins to go along with Keira Knightley.

Nice! Thanks for the info.

Just finished the third book in fellow Scandinavian Stieg Larsson's trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Can highly recommend the series if you're a fan of realistic (and rather brutal) crime fiction :thumbsup:

I just heard an interview on NPR from publicist last month. I am interested in this trilogy can you tell me more. On a side note the author died 5 years ago after he turned in all 3 manuscripts I thought that was really suprising.

The Dresden Files is a series of fantasy/mystery novels written by Jim Butcher. He provides a first person narrative of each story from the point of view of the main character, private investigator and wizard Harry Dresden, as he recounts investigations into supernatural disturbances in modern-day Chicago. Butcher's original proposed title for the first novel was "Semiautomagic", which sums up the series' balance of fantasy and hard-boiled detective fiction.[1]

My favorite series out there. Every book is fun.

Somebody tell me about the Dresden Files. I hear alot of good things, but no knowing about it.

Series is friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I didn't ever like wizardry type stories until I picked up the Dresden files. Especially enjoyed being in Chicago and seeing all of the sights from the books.

I didn't care for the first dexter book, guess if I had read it first...

They announced the 13th dresden files to be released in March 2011. Can't wait.

Based on the recommendations here, I'm currently enjoying Blindness.

Are you picking up the anthology of Dresden shorts that are coming out this fall?

I really enjoyed Changes. It was intense.

Reading the Lost by Jack Ketchum. He writes some disturbing stuff but is at the top of his game. Anyone that Stephen King says scares him is ok in my book

Reading the Lost by Jack Ketchum. He writes some disturbing stuff but is at the top of his game. Anyone that Stephen King says scares him is ok in my book

I just finished 'The Girl Next Door' by Ketchum. I can't say that it was 'scary', but it was most certainly disturbing. I picked up the first print HC at a local used store because it was no longer in print, but I think it's been released since then and worth picking up if you're into psychological horror.

I'm about 1/4 into Frankenstein (for the first time, I'm ashamed to admit). It's pretty enjoyable thus far.

Re-reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. The history of philosophy told as matefiction.

I am thrilled to hear Never Let Me Go has been adapted. Ishiguro is by far by favourite author :banana:

Re-reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. The history of philosophy told as matefiction.

I am thrilled to hear Never Let Me Go has been adapted. Ishiguro is by far by favourite author :banana:

Oh that is a good book (Sophie's World), tho definitely not for everyone. I might have to find my copy again.

Over the last couple of weeks I had some "free" time and read the following books:

Fiction

The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy Mcdermot

The Search for Hercules' Tomb by Andy Mcdermot

Antarktos Rising by Jeremy Robinson

Terminal Freeze by Lincoln Child

Burn Notice: The End Game by Tod Goldberg

Non-Fiction

The History of Mental Retardation in America

George Washington: A Life by Will Randall

Disney War - currently reading