• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 700 is $4.99? Are you frakkin' serious!

61 posts in this topic

Batman 700 is $4.99? Are you frakkin' serious!

Remember the good 'ole days? When Batman #500 was $3.95? Ahh, that was the life. :P

lol:applause:

I remember the real good old days when 80 Page Giants were .25 cents :cloud9:

DRX

I figured I bought Detective 800 so I should buy Batman 700 as well. I enjoyed it, though of course I haven't had to suffer through the long and somewhat pointless storyline over the past what, year-plus? Great cover, great art, story has some appeal to longtime fans.

$5 for new comics. Cuh-razy.

Still...it's Bats, and someday, God willing, I'll own one, too. :cloud9:

I missed out on 400 and 600, so....

But I DID buy 20-30 copies of #500 for like $1 each or something. Boy, did I overpay....

doh!

Yeah, $5 is nuts. It was padded in the back with layouts of the bat-cave. i guess technically i paid $3.50, but this was a waste.

Yep, I was scratching my head at that as well. For a 700th issue it was a complete letdown. Thanks Grant Morrison and DC.

I thought some of the stuff he did in 2000AD was OK, but when he started on Batman was the first time I read his stuff in US comics. Personally I think he's a complete bellend, this is supposed to be a good fun read, not a mindbending two year long riddle that has no real ending.

The build up to RIP was terrible, and RIP itself was even worse. Batman & Robin was OK, but now he's back on Batman it's complete toss again. I just wish he'd sod off and leave the title alone. Stand it alongside Neil Gaiman's two-parter or even Judd Winnick's short run, Morrison's stuff continues to confuse.

ah, forgot about doom patrol.

I would rank it like this personally:

Animal man, JLA, All-star Superman, New X-men, Doom patrol, aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd ....everything else tied for a really distant sucky 5th place.

Although i finally got an inside scoop as to why Final Crisis sucked so hard. Kinda interesting.

ah, forgot about doom patrol.

I would rank it like this personally:

Animal man, JLA, All-star Superman, New X-men, Doom patrol, aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd ....everything else tied for a really distant sucky 5th place.

Although i finally got an inside scoop as to why Final Crisis sucked so hard. Kinda interesting.

:gossip: We3

I always found Garth Ennis a much better writer than Grant Morrison and wish DC gave him all the big books to write then Grant. just my humble opinion.

That Preacher and Hitman stuff was freaking unbelievable! Grant seems to know how to network himself better than Garth to get the top writing gigs.