• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Golden age, baby! ECs, DCs, precode, more...

57 posts in this topic

Planet Comics #34 in 1.8. Awesome leggy GGA/bondage cover... one of the nicer covers of the middle of the run, that IMO isn't for sale too often. Beautiful art inside, with plenty more GGA. Nice clean cover image, but spine has tape and extra staples (looks like covers were split or pretty close to it). Solid book, great read.

$80

planet34.jpg

Back

:takeit:

(worship) Thank you! :D

Vault of Horror #28 in 4.5. Real attractive copy of this EC classic. Has one of my favorite EC horror stories of all time (art by Johnny Craig), where a guy is pursued by his beautiful (but unfortunately, decaying) zombie wife. Sharp and appealing copy with just a bit of spine roll and a small piece out of the back cover.

$80 ON HOLD

vault28.jpg

Back

Per PM :takeit:

Vault of Horror #30 in 6.0. Classic "hand on the subway strap" cover, which has been going for a premium in recent years. Book has a structure and clean appearance closer to 7.0, but some transfer staining to the covers (nice pgs tho), and on close inspection there's a bit of wear/fuzziness to the spine. I'd call it a nice mid-grade.

$140 ON HOLD

vault30.jpg

Back

Per PM :takeit:

The Vaults are yours. Thanks, Dan. :applause:

Still available:

Science Comics #7 / $100

Startling Terror Tales #14 / $80

Pogo Parade #1 / $32

Catman #30 / $48

Remember Pearl Harbor #nn / $60

Batman #12 / $160

Spellbound #14 in 7.0. Uncommon Atlas with a fantastic Bill Everett black skeleton cover--one of his best of the 1950s. Extremely pretty book, with deep inks and a nice glossy sheen. Just a bit of corner/spine wear and a faint impact at the bottom keep this from a higher grade. (I can email you a huge scan; just ask.) Pages are cream/offwhite to be safe, but "brighter" cream, not dark. A gem of a book, near impossible in this grade. I hate to offer it, and I'll miss it if it sells.

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

Hells yes. :takeit:

Thanks for removing the temptation.

Agreed. I am trying to sell books with a goal in mind...this book was starting to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. Good riddance. :)

Spellbound #14 in 7.0. Uncommon Atlas with a fantastic Bill Everett black skeleton cover--one of his best of the 1950s. Extremely pretty book, with deep inks and a nice glossy sheen. Just a bit of corner/spine wear and a faint impact at the bottom keep this from a higher grade. (I can email you a huge scan; just ask.) Pages are cream/offwhite to be safe, but "brighter" cream, not dark. A gem of a book, near impossible in this grade. I hate to offer it, and I'll miss it if it sells.

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

Agreed. I am trying to sell books with a goal in mind...this book was starting to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. Good riddance. :)

I know how to make money problems go away. Here is the plan....you and Pinball both have copies of Weird Mysteries 5. I do not. Sell one copy to me, then you can buy whatever you like! Yes, this plan has merit.

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

I know how to make money problems go away. Here is the plan....you and Pinball both have copies of Weird Mysteries 5. I do not. Sell one copy to me, then you can buy whatever you like! Yes, this plan has merit.

lol

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

:signfunny:

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

I can't believe I missed this one...been looking for years! If you decide to resell it, please message me...otherwise, awesome find sir!

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

I can't believe I missed this one...been looking for years! If you decide to resell it, please message me...otherwise, awesome find sir!

Will do, but it's going into my collection for now. :cloud9:

Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u Sorry you missed the book... hopefully there's another out there with your name on it.