• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Golden age, baby! ECs, DCs, precode, more...

57 posts in this topic

Batman #12 in 1.5. Fun early Batman, with a WWII cover and a Joker story inside! Cover wrap and centerfold are detached, & rusted bottom staple with some transfer to surrounding page area of the outer wraps. Inside pages have slight brittleness around edges & spine, and a few small corner chips and tears in the LRC, but overall pages are c/ow and supple. Book is reasonably solid, & can be curled in hand and read through easily without damage...complete and fairly nice for the grade.

$160

batman12.jpg

Back

And finally,

Action Comics #18, reading copy. After a hard-fought upgrade, I'm putting up for sale this undercopy of one of my favorite early Actions. Lots of problems with this one: front cover detached with no back cover; pages are missing the first wrap AND the last two-sided page of the Superman story (hint: Supes wins). There's still 58 pages left, including 10 pages of early Siegel & Shuster Superman, which are great fun to read, as well as a Clip Carson story by Bob Kane, ads for the 1939 NY World's Fair comic and Superman #2, and more. The book actually looks pretty decent in the Mylar. Early Actions are red hot lately, and I doubt you'll find a cheaper reader/filler.

$165 SOLD

action18.jpg

Back

:takeit: Cpt Science 5

Nice pickup, Michael. You just saved me from starting a Captain Science run.

You're welcome. I have one other issue (picked up Steve's undercopy) and I've been eyeing this one for a while. Best cover of the run. Saw one from Dennis at Spring Con but worse shape and higher price than .5's. So, that's to say: Thanks Jon :foryou:

Planet Comics #34 in 1.8. Awesome leggy GGA/bondage cover... one of the nicer covers of the middle of the run, that IMO isn't for sale too often. Beautiful art inside, with plenty more GGA. Nice clean cover image, but spine has tape and extra staples (looks like covers were split or pretty close to it). Solid book, great read.

$80

:frustrated:

If anyone is interested in Walt kelly and/or Pogo, buy the Dell giant - it's a wonderful book and that looks like a nice copy, especially for the price (probably less than a single panel of Tec 35 would cost...)

And finally,

Action Comics #18, reading copy. After a hard-fought upgrade, I'm putting up for sale this undercopy of one of my favorite early Actions. Lots of problems with this one: front cover detached with no back cover; pages are missing the first wrap AND the last two-sided page of the Superman story (hint: Supes wins). There's still 58 pages left, including 10 pages of early Siegel & Shuster Superman, which are great fun to read, as well as a Clip Carson story by Bob Kane, ads for the 1939 NY World's Fair comic and Superman #2, and more. The book actually looks pretty decent in the Mylar. Early Actions are red hot lately, and I doubt you'll find a cheaper reader/filler.

$165

action18.jpg

Back

:think:

:pullhair:

Planet Comics #34 in 1.8. Awesome leggy GGA/bondage cover... one of the nicer covers of the middle of the run, that IMO isn't for sale too often. Beautiful art inside, with plenty more GGA. Nice clean cover image, but spine has tape and extra staples (looks like covers were split or pretty close to it). Solid book, great read.

$80

planet34.jpg

Back

:takeit:

Weird Science-Fantasy #29 in 1.8. Classic Frazetta cover! And beautiful art inside by Wood, Williamson and others. This is a low-grade reader with extra staples & interior tape on the spine. That said, it looks pretty darn nice for a reader... with these dark cover colors, hard to find lower-grade copies that present decently.

$90

wsf29.jpg

Back

And finally,

$165

action18.jpg

Back

You've been doing a bit of fundraising yourself Mr. Moneybags... AND this would be a redeeming purchase considering all of the high grade books I've seen you associating with as of late :baiting:

And finally,

$165

action18.jpg

Back

And finally,

$165

action18.jpg

Back

You've been doing a bit of fundraising yourself Mr. Moneybags... AND this would be a redeeming purchase considering all of the high grade books I've seen you associating with as of late :baiting:

Too late for redemption now. :frown:

Spellbound #14 in 7.0. Uncommon Atlas with a fantastic Bill Everett black skeleton cover--one of his best of the 1950s. Extremely pretty book, with deep inks and a nice glossy sheen. Just a bit of corner/spine wear and a faint impact at the bottom keep this from a higher grade. (I can email you a huge scan; just ask.) Pages are cream/offwhite to be safe, but "brighter" cream, not dark. A gem of a book, near impossible in this grade. I hate to offer it, and I'll miss it if it sells.

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

Hells yes. :takeit:

Spellbound #14 in 7.0. Uncommon Atlas with a fantastic Bill Everett black skeleton cover--one of his best of the 1950s. Extremely pretty book, with deep inks and a nice glossy sheen. Just a bit of corner/spine wear and a faint impact at the bottom keep this from a higher grade. (I can email you a huge scan; just ask.) Pages are cream/offwhite to be safe, but "brighter" cream, not dark. A gem of a book, near impossible in this grade. I hate to offer it, and I'll miss it if it sells.

$250

spellbound14.jpg

Back

Hells yes. :takeit:

Thanks for removing the temptation.

And finally,

$165

action18.jpg

Back

Too late for redemption now. :frown:

:signfunny: