• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many CGC books do you own?

190 posts in this topic

Aside from cheetah and a few others, I'm surprised by the low numbers.

Buy the book, not the label ;)

Seriously, I usually only purchase a slabbed book when I can get it at a value I can live with. In most cases, I'm just ducky with raw

I have 4. Three of them I bought because they were within a couple dollars of buying raw and the 4th because it was a more expensive book and I wanted the resto check. I may crack out the three lower dollar books.

Seriously, I usually only purchase a slabbed book when I can get it at a value I can live with. In most cases, I'm just ducky with raw

Sometimes you can buy both, either saparately or in the same book!

PSA...

All slabs have raw books in them.

Like Cheetah, Many of my raw books are slabbed (thumbs u

I'll only buy any book if I think it is a value. Many slabs are bargins right now, especially when you factor in the restoration check.

3 Atom Age

2 Underground

11 Bronze Age

13 Dave Stevens covers

16 Berni Wrightson covers

5 Copper Age

10 Modern Age

9 Magazines

Of those, 13 are SS'd.

About 15. I sold maybe 2/3 of what I had in 2006/early 2007 before and right after I bought my house to help defray some of those expenses. Mostly mid-grade GA and some SA. Most were bought around 2002 and I did fairly well with them.