• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many CGC books do you own?

190 posts in this topic

Never buy slabbed and only slab to sell so I never really have any.

Pretty much what I do, except for an occasional "deal" I can't pass up . . . so I generally have a "rolling stock" of about 25 in hand :grin:

Less than 10 at any given time.

Do you happen to be chromiumcomics from youtube? (shrug)

Yes, it's him.

And this one is my favorite video:

:roflmao: The ending was funny. Chromium comics has an admirabl collection of SA stuff. I saw his ASM vid. Woah sweet books and I like the way he keeps his stuff! (thumbs u

I'm curious. Apart from cracking slabs to get a sig or sketch, why would ppl free their comics from slabs? hm

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

Less than 10 at any given time.

Do you happen to be chromiumcomics from youtube? (shrug)

Yes, it's him.

And this one is my favorite video:

:roflmao: The ending was funny. Chromium comics has an admirabl collection of SA stuff. I saw his ASM vid. Woah sweet books and I like the way he keeps his stuff! (thumbs u

I'm curious. Apart from cracking slabs to get a sig or sketch, why would ppl free their comics from slabs? hm

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

+1.

Keep 'em in the slab if you want to sell them or have another reading copy. Otherwise, crack that sucker and enjoy.

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

+1.

Keep 'em in the slab if you want to sell them or have another reading copy. Otherwise, crack that sucker and enjoy.

+1,000,000 :headbang:

I love the smell of comics, looking at the art inside, paper quality, etc.

I crack 95% of the CGC books that I buy and that I know I want to keep for my personal collection. The only exceptions are the very expensive books although I am still pondering the "crack vs don't crack" debate on some

I have around 150 slabs and will eventually get most of my keepers slabbed. I got the expensive raw books in my collection slabbed for the resto check and to make them liquid in case I upgrade, decide to sell, etc.,. I'd love to end up with a collection of around 100 books, but it's too tough to let some of these great gems go! :cloud9:

I'm continually trying to reduce numbers and increase quality of the books in my collection, so I've pretty much sold all the long runs of the titles I used to have while selectively picking up a few nice books every couple of months. I read most of my books years ago when I was a mere youngster, if I read any comic-book related stuff these days it's in the form of trades or low-grade beater readers.

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

+1.

+1,000,000 :headbang:

I love the smell of comics, looking at the art inside, paper quality, etc.

I crack 95% of the CGC books that I buy and that I know I want to keep for my personal collection. The only exceptions are the very expensive books although I am still pondering the "crack vs don't crack" debate on some

I don't love the smell of all comics, some of them smell so bad it makes me gag!

I prefer raw books, because I like to read them. However, I own 6 slabs, some of which can't be exchanged for raw due to the pedigree ( Edgar Church collection ).

As long as you've got the label, you're good, CGC will recertify it as a pedigree. That same label should be good enough for customers as well if you decide you don't want to reslab. Obviously you'd get more if you did choose to reslab, but that's already true whether it's a pedigree or not.

Im surprised at the low numbers as well. Im just short of 500.

Any Dale Keown Hulk 9.8s....?

(What? He's earned it. ;) )

:mad: