• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many CGC books do you own?

190 posts in this topic

Not sure... I have about 10 CGC boxes filled and about 200 more at CGC right now.... so...maybe 400-500?

My dreams to have 15,000 slabs... and then run a heritage feature auction consisting only of my books.... oh, and to have the #1 registry set of the inferior five...

I'm curious. Apart from cracking slabs to get a sig or sketch, why would ppl free their comics from slabs? hm

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

+1.

Keep 'em in the slab if you want to sell them or have another reading copy. Otherwise, crack that sucker and enjoy.

+1,000,000 :headbang:

I love the smell of comics, looking at the art inside, paper quality, etc.

I crack 95% of the CGC books that I buy and that I know I want to keep for my personal collection. The only exceptions are the very expensive books although I am still pondering the "crack vs don't crack" debate on some

[font:Arial Black]I don't love the smell of all comics[/font], some of them smell so bad it makes me gag!

That's blasphemy.....

Not sure... I have about 10 CGC boxes filled and about 200 more at CGC right now.... so...maybe 400-500?

My dreams to have 15,000 slabs... and then run a heritage feature auction consisting only of my books.... oh, and to have the #1 registry set of the inferior five...

Not going to enter them in the registry? (shrug)

I own very few slabs in my personal collection because I enjoy cracking the books out!

Something really special about holding a nice 70 year old book in your bare hands and smelling it while you read it, skim the ads and just feel it's weight in your paws.

:cloud9:

I own very few slabs in my personal collection because I enjoy cracking the books out!

Something really special about holding a nice 70 year old book in your bare hands and smelling it while you read it, skim the ads and just feel it's weight in your paws.

then dropping it onto the ground and stepping on it in all the excitment.... :o

lol I agree with you on those older books. Everyone I looked at during Heroes, I smelled the aroma, turned the pages, and was scared the whole time.

I think I have about 350 keeper slabs.

Even as a collector of GA i only own a handful of CGC slabbed books. If at all possible I always look for a raw copy. Most of the GA stories are not reprinted (except for the heroes, of course, in those wonderful DC Archive Edition collections :cloud9:), and I love going back and reading them every now and again...

I'm curious. Apart from cracking slabs to get a sig or sketch, why would ppl free their comics from slabs? hm

To read them.

And to enjoy them.

+1.

Keep 'em in the slab if you want to sell them or have another reading copy. Otherwise, crack that sucker and enjoy.

+1,000,000 :headbang:

I love the smell of comics, looking at the art inside, paper quality, etc.

I crack 95% of the CGC books that I buy and that I know I want to keep for my personal collection. The only exceptions are the very expensive books although I am still pondering the "crack vs don't crack" debate on some

[font:Arial Black]I don't love the smell of all comics[/font], some of them smell so bad it makes me gag!

That's blasphemy.....

Crack or on crack, that is the question