• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No back cover = what grade?

7 posts in this topic

Curious as to what a golden age book with no back cover would receive.

The centerfold is attached as well as the front cover.

Is it a universal .5 automatically or does it receive a qualified (whatever grade)?

Thanks guys.

.5 with no option towards qualified. The GLOD is usually reserved when there is one defect that prevents an overall grade from being attained, i.e. missing coupon, missing letter page (but doesn't affect story--saw an ASM 24 along those lines), etc. An entire missing back cover is just too significant to not factor in.

FAIR (1.0) in the old school days. If the FC was missing and the BC is present, then a .05 POOR... :P

If the page quality is nice and the interior in good shape, and the front cover has at least 3.0 eye appeal, then I would definitely call the book a FR (1.0)

I'd take a book with no back cover over one with the top third of the cover stripped, and generally those are considered FR unless they are rough all around.