• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Awards - predictions for 2010 winners?

471 posts in this topic

The CGC Registry Awards are almost upon us with just 14 days left to register our sets.

Instead of merely ooing & ahhing once the winners have been revealed, perhaps it would be fun to make some predictions as to which sets might pick up the top honors this year? You never know - it might influence the judges to look at some of the more lesser-known, but still insanely cool sets that just never seem to make it ...

For the Modern category, my current favorites are:

- Evil Ash's Walking Dead set

- JJ's MCP set

- NewEnglandGothic's chok-full-of-high-grade Locke & Key set

- Bosco's Hellboy set

For Bronze:

- Carld's Conan the Barbarian #1-#24 set

- Seanh's DC Bronze Age First Issues set

- DoctorJoe's Iron Fist #1-#15 set

I don't follow the silver & gold sets enough to warrant an opinion :sorry:

How do I compete in the CGC registry awards? (shrug)

Sarah, if you have a registry set already (you do), you're already competing. Mike was just pointing out some sets, but never to detract from other forumites' efforts.

Sarah, if you have a registry set already (you do), you're already competing. Mike was just pointing out some sets, but never to detract from other forumites' efforts.

...and you don't have to have the #1 set in type, you just have to show your love for your title, through images and descriptions. (thumbs u

It's more of a honor to be recognized as having a worthy set by a collector like Michael. I feel like I have done something right along the way. After that, I feel nothing can top that. :cloud9:

Some of my immediate choices of Best Presented Modern sets would be,

Cheryllynn's Department H

NMB123's Aaron's Crow Revenge

EvilAsh's When theres no more room in hell...

Peter Palmer's Ninja kick the damn rabbit!

...and you don't have to have the #1 set in type, you just have to show your love for your title, through images and descriptions. (thumbs u
Sounds like fun :whee:

I don't have a complete set,but it feels cool to be competing :cool:

Why isn't copper and modern two different catagories??? Just curious.

+1

My goal this year was to make it to the number 1 slot in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1-62 set. With a lot of help, I was able to take over that slot a few days ago and I'm hoping to hold the lead until the registry awards. It's my goal to complete the run in 9.8 by next years' awards. It's difficult, though, as most didn't collect this book by the end of the run and there are plenty of books that have no entries on the census, so I'm having to submit them myself. It's a fun challenge. Anyway, take a look:

Peter Palmer's TMNT run

I'll have all the pictures and descriptions updated by the end of the week. :)

Why isn't copper and modern two different catagories??? Just curious.

+1

My goal this year was to make it to the number 1 slot in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1-62 set. With a lot of help, I was able to take over that slot a few days ago and I'm hoping to hold the lead until the registry awards. It's my goal to complete the run in 9.8 by next years' awards. It's difficult, though, as most didn't collect this book by the end of the run and there are plenty of books that have no entries on the census, so I'm having to submit them myself. It's a fun challenge. Anyway, take a look:

Peter Palmer's TMNT run

I'll have all the pictures and descriptions updated by the end of the week. :)

Sweet set, Adam!

By the way, don't forget about my Cap set for the Modern category.
(worship) Another one of the all time Best Presented sets in the Registry.

Raphael Loh's The Best Run In Years

and another one would be...

mschmidt's m's sandman

Two people, whose sets I modeled my own registry set after.

They set a positive example for all registry set collectors. :applause: