• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Ian.... do you have this DC giveaway.. 1982 Worlds Fair

14 posts in this topic

Wonder if you have this unique TRS-80 team up of Superman and Wonderman.

I found this 9.0 Gem... as far as givewaways go

thumbsup2.gif

402238-radio.jpg

WEBHEAD

(PS the yellow shade on the left is from my scanner not the book)

Wonder if you have this unique TRS-80 team up of Superman and Wonderman.

I found this 9.0 Gem... as far as givewaways go

The three Radio Shack giveaways are actually the commonest of all the DC Giveaways.

There are tons around, and they only fetch a dollar each. No shortage at all.

Ian just out of curiosity, have you contacted Overstreet and informed him about the mistakes that you have found in his guide and also about the additional promo items?

Yes. Tom Gordon is occasionally on these boards.

But there are now SO MANY DC giveaways that aren't listed at all in Overstreet, that the task is now becoming overwhelming.

Stuff like Weird Mystery Tales and More Weird Mystery Tales, and Burger King giveaways, both regular sized and mini-comics, and the 1040s Macy's daily Planet, and the Batman Fruit Of The Loom, and so many many more.

Why don't you just send them a list of all the additions that they don't have in the guide, with any pertinant information. Surely that would be the quickest way?

It will be when I get around to doing it.

Each comic is filed away with its respective parent title, so the Superman/Bradman comic is with all the Superman. The Comic Cavalcade Giveaways are with the Comic Cavalcades.

You're talking two months to sort right through, I estimate. Which I will do soon anyway, to file away everything that arrived in the last four months. It's a job I'm both looking forward to, and yet dreading at the same time.

First of all I wish to apologize to Ian for not knowing how many DC comics were in the run. I should have read all the posts until I saw the count. I guess the moral is to keep up to date with one's reading. I am now after his record. I was thinking that I should go after the elusive 22 first. This is exciting as I am just beginning the hunt with entire unviverse out there. Perhaps I should call Vincent to help me out. With approximately 30,500 comics in the group I only have:

30327 COMICS TO GO

With approximately 30,500 comics in the group I only have 30327 COMICS TO GO

I can help you.

I have boxes and boxes of spares, and very hard to find ones too, where I've bought doubles just because they're really rare. I even have a spare Fat And Slat Joke Book.

I'VE BEEN LONGING TO FIND A PROTEGE.