• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 in GOOD Unrestored on eBay! $899.00

16 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 from May 1940

$899.00 on eBay! I paid over $1,000 after shipping on this. Offering so low as I need cash for an upgrade of 7, fast!

On eBay now -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270593991358

In the process of upgrading and time to let go (wish I could have 2 but $$$ won't allow) of my very beautiful under-copy.

Want to start by saying. This is one of my favorite covers from the GA by far. Always been a fan of this book (yes even before I collected Timely and was a DC fanboy). This is the 3rd cover of Human Torch and a great overall Schomburg cover. Very tough to find. The cover depicts a great pulp style Schomburg cover. Human Torch is melting through a wall (much like in Marvel Comics #1) to save a Red-Dressed damsel in distress from being injected with a hypo-dermic needle. This cover has it all!

I bought this book off the boards in March from board member October. I paid $1,000 LINK:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3459084&fpart=1

Book is in GOOD (2.0) with fabulous colors and paper quality. I would call it off white/ white with a chance of being straight white. Has 3 added extra staples to cover.

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

First :takeit: rules the thread.

Payment by Paypal only.

Shipping to U.S. residents included in sale price - Canada residents at cost.

Marvel Mystery Comics #7

In the process of upgrading and time to let go (wish I could have 2 but $$$ won't allow) of my very beautiful under-copy.

Want to start by saying. This is one of my favorite covers from the GA by far. Always been a fan of this book (yes even before I collected Timely and was a DC fanboy). This is the 3rd cover of Human Torch and a great overall Schomburg cover. Very tough to find. The cover depicts a great pulp style Schomburg cover. Human Torch is melting through a wall (much like in Marvel Comics #1) to save a Red-Dressed damsel in distress from being injected with a hypo-dermic needle. This cover has it all!

I bought this book off the boards in March.

Book is in GOOD (2.0) with fabulous colors and paper quality. I would call it off white/ white with a chance of being straight white. Has 3 added extra staples to cover.

Selling at my cost: $995 shipped

IMG_2497.jpg

(More pics to come soon!)

I agree, one of the best covers. The early Pulpy looking covers are the best (thumbs u

Bruce

I'm sooooooooo tempted. hm

It's such a great book. :cool:

Yeah I just picked up a #4 and a #9. #5 is on my list and so is this one but I also have 10 other books I wanted so its hard to decide what to do next. :P

blow another grand sir :baiting:

I'm sooooooooo tempted. hm

It's such a great book. :cool:

Yeah I just picked up a #4 and a #9. #5 is on my list and so is this one but I also have 10 other books I wanted so its hard to decide what to do next. :P

Love #9 but still have not owned a #4 yet myself. Congrats on all those! :applause:

Even with 10 books on your wantlist, there is just something about the MM7 cover. Truly one of the very best of Schomburg's and the MM run. :cool:

You need it! :grin:

Hello Bat-Man!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out # 4 ( eBay Link )

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

I appreciate the help. But this thread is closed.

If you scroll above I state it closed at 9PM EST last night. (shrug)

But thanks for the look out. :)

THREAD CLOSED - BOOK IS ON EBAY! (thumbs u