• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fun project...

152 posts in this topic

Absolutely, 100% wrong. In no part of any post have I ever even suggested that the data set supplied by GPA somehow guarantees future results. Past performance never guarantees future results. Everybody knows that. You can't say that for CGG, CGC, Overstreet, the stock market, housing prices, or anything. Maybe ballistics.

I have actually gone out of my way, writing lengthy sentences of questionable grammer, to say just the opposite - "This is the case based on this data set". That's all.

In one of your earlier posts...you said the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have Amazing Spider-Man #12 in VG/F, you can tell by the data that in four past sales over the last 8 months, the book has always sold for more CGG'd than CGC'd. Same as if you had ASM #14 in VG-. You can tell that one always sells for more CGC'd than CGG'd. To maximize your final sale prices, a smart BET would be to send #12 to CGG and #14 to CGC. CGG gets you more for #12, CGC gets you more for #14. Why do you care how much more? More is more.

To illustrate, imagine if you sent 100 books all to CGC (or all to CGG; doesn't matter). 49 of them will realize higher final sale prices than if you had sent them to CGG, an average $21.55 more. But, 50 of your books would have gotten you more had you sent them to CGG, an average $16.48 more. 1 book will bring the same either way.

49 books x $21.55 margin each = $1055.95, and 50 books x -$16.48 margin lost each = -$824. Congrats, you just made $231.95, or about $2.32 margin per book.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to send 50 to CGC and 50 to CGG, whichever company can bring the highest realized price? $1879.95 margin there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't sound like you're saying that the data set supplied by GPA somehow guarantees future results...then I don't know what does. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This is quite a coincidence - 'cause I can't believe anyone is bothering to attempt rational debate with ScarFace at this point! He's never been wrong, He'll never be wrong, why even try to engage him in a conversation? Not only is the only reward "you're wrong, and you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to boot," but he provides no substantial information that would make the exercise worthwhile..!! He does occasionally demand such information from others, but when provided, it's ignored, mocked, or otherwise trivialized. I don't see the payoff... does anyone else?

Are you going to hang around and pout all night long just because I embarrased you? I'd apologize...but I'd rather you keep making posts like this so I can keep making fun of you. 27_laughing.gif

It's funny, but now that I realize you're just Bugaboo with a scowl, it's easy to ignore your taunts..! Live it up, have at it... I don't care! You can make a bigger fool of yourself without my help, and I can save my energy for more valuable conversations with actual people! It's a win-win, baby acclaim.gif

It's funny, but now that I realize you're just Bugaboo with a scowl, it's easy to ignore your taunts..! Live it up, have at it... I don't care! You can make a bigger fool of yourself without my help, and I can save my energy for more valuable conversations with actual people! It's a win-win, baby acclaim.gif

How many posts have you directed at me since you said you were just going to ignore me from now on? It's pretty sad when you can't even be honest with yourself. 27_laughing.gif

Now what is this bet that you guys are referring to?

Scarface is yet another shill for 9-time banned board member Bugaboo, who made a wager with me in March 2003 about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Bugaboo took the position that there were, I took the position that there were not. The wager was $50, payable to the charity of the winners choice, that an answer would be found by January 1. Also betting in the affirmative was board member awe4one.

Well, on January 1, awe4one was honorable and sent his $50 to a charity of my choice, helping earthquake victims in Bam, Iran. Bugaboo, who had long since been banned, and had gone through a myriad of shills (I think he was "Phantom" then) has been dodging his debts ever since.

Its gone long past irritation and annoyance - I'm stunned that on a message board filled with very smart people he continues to be allowed on here. I guess since he amuses some people, most notably Greggy, who, I'm sorry to say, enables him, we allow his rants to continue. I suppose I could make up a shill and blast people to my heart's content, but I won't do that.

There are rules, and then there's Bugaboo's rules.

Oh, no wonder. I'm dealing with a I-can't-be-wrong-I'll-nitpick-until-blue-in-the-face-as-long-as-I-don't-have-to-admit-it style of internet denizen. At this point I could produce 100 CGG books that each sold for more than GPAnalysis shows ever sold in the past CGC'd, and all I'll get is "So? Doesn't mean it'll ever happen again! CGC rulez!!!11"

I'm done wasting my time on this. Next time, somebody PM me when the shills come a-knockin', 'kay? tongue.gif

I still can't believe it took you several novel length posts to basically say:

If you can see into the future and find out a particular book at a particular time will sell for more in a CGG holder than it will in a CGC holder...then you should get it graded by CGG.

You must be some sort of a whiz kid or something. 27_laughing.gif

For those of you that can't see into the future...the gpanalysis numbers clearly show (based on this limited data set) that on the average, it's more profitable to send your books to CGC than it is to send them to CGG.

Now what is this bet that you guys are referring to?

Scarface is yet another shill for 9-time banned board member Bugaboo, who made a wager with me in March 2003 about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Bugaboo took the position that there were, I took the position that there were not. The wager was $50, payable to the charity of the winners choice, that an answer would be found by January 1. Also betting in the affirmative was board member awe4one.

Well, on January 1, awe4one was honorable and sent his $50 to a charity of my choice, helping earthquake victims in Bam, Iran. Bugaboo, who had long since been banned, and had gone through a myriad of shills (I think he was "Phantom" then) has been dodging his debts ever since.

Its gone long past irritation and annoyance - I'm stunned that on a message board filled with very smart people he continues to be allowed on here. I guess since he amuses some people, most notably Greggy, who, I'm sorry to say, enables him, we allow his rants to continue. I suppose I could make up a shill and blast people to my heart's content, but I won't do that.

There are rules, and then there's Bugaboo's rules.

"She's my daughter." (Slap.) "She's my sister." (Slap.) "She's my daughter." (Slap.) "She's my sister." (Slap.) "She's my daughter and my sister."

WoW!!!,...now who would have guessed that?...

How can a company with only 800 sales to its name, with no information about who they are and how they grade be getting premium prices for some books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm just bonna blurt it out...

Can you say

SHILL

? 893applaud-thumb.gif

OK, therei've said it...I know you were all thinking it anyway...

Why was Bugaboo banned the first time? Sorry for the dumb question, but I only started posting here at the beginning of February and don't have all the board history down.

Scarface is yet another shill for 9-time banned board member Bugaboo

shocked.gif Who holds the record now for most resurections? Is it Bug or Hammer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I really wish Joanna would stop with her rampant shilliness...

I mean the "greggy" shill she made was bad enough, but some of these new ones have got to go...

893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif