• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futurama Comics Thread

40 posts in this topic

LOVE the show, but dropped it awhile back so I figured I'd just get the DVDs. Had no idea it was still running. Not sure if the comics will be the same, but like the artwork. My LCS has a ton of issues and people just pass by them. Gonna see if I can pick some up and check it out. :grin:

That's AWESOME!

I can identify who most of the characters are supposed to be. Can anyone tell me who Leela's Mom is supposed to be. She's right next to Leela's Dad/Nightcrawler.

I think of all of them. Fry's dog/Beast may be my favorite!

LOVE the show, but dropped it awhile back so I figured I'd just get the DVDs. Had no idea it was still running. Not sure if the comics will be the same, but like the artwork. My LCS has a ton of issues and people just pass by them. Gonna see if I can pick some up and check it out. :grin:

It's not still running outside of syndication. It was canceled after 4 seasons. Then a few years back, they released 4 different Futurama movies that have since been aired both in their entirety and in multiple 30-minute timeslots. It looks like that the show is about to start airing new episodes. I saw a commercial last night that I think mentioned the June 24th is when the the new ones start. :banana:

You've gotta be right! I saw the eyepatch and couldn't come up with anything other than Nick Fury, which wouldn't make a ton of sense. Thanks!

New season starts on Comedy Central on June 24th! So I'm re-reading my Futurama comics.

Tonight... issue #1!

Futurama1readingcopy.jpg

Futurama1splash_small.jpg

Futurama_fry.jpg

My favorite cartoon of the last 20 years. .... uhhhhhh maybe a draw with the 1990s spiderman series. That was epic also.

My PLAYSTATION 3 online gamer handle is ...... TheSlurminator lol

My pokerstars account avatar is Nixons head in water filled jar from futurama.

I love all that is Futurama especially the robot devil and robot Santa Claus with his world war 3 type arsenal lol

Rich

Finally got to see a commercial for the new episodes. SWEET! lol

Also, Joel Elad announced this on the SDCC thread:

"SATURDAY, JULY 24:

12:45 - 1:30 Join the cast and crew in celebrating Futurama's triumphant re-return to the airwaves! World-premiere footage will offer an exciting and informative glimpse of Comic-Con in the year 3010. Panelists include Executive Producers Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, cast members Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, and Maurice LaMarche, director Crystal Chesney-Thompson, writers Ken Keeler and Patric M. Verrone, and Animation Producer Claudia Katz."

Definitely going to be there. (thumbs u