• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics # 7 for sale on Comic connect.

74 posts in this topic

Im sorry I didnt win the restored Larson now. I was one of the guys who made a sealed bid to them.

me too...win outbid me by a bit, I believe I was a few K under him doh!

I agree with you Rick that restored is the way to go on this book.In my estimation it is too rare in any condition or grade .You will wait forever for a nice unrestored copy and maybe even longer as well as its cost in desent shape unrestored is astronomical. Yes restored is the way to go. still rare even restored.That should keep the restored price respectible for resale.

Im sorry I didnt win the restored Larson now. I was one of the guys who made a sealed bid to them.

You know why I didnt go higher, because the Larson Action 7 does not say Larson on it.I prefer my Larsons to say ' Larson" on the cover..Still regret the move.'Win' some, Lose some.

You know why I didnt go higher, because the Larson Action 7 does not say Larson on it.I prefer my Larsons to say ' Larson" on the cover..Still regret the move.Win some, Lose some.

nice play on words :)

You know why I didnt go higher, because the Larson Action 7 does not say Larson on it.I prefer my Larsons to say ' Larson" on the cover..Still regret the move.'Win' some, Lose some.

Dates for "Larson"

Larson would purchase the comics at Cruetz’ Drugstore. Because Larson missed some issues as they came out, the owner of the drugstore, Fred Cruetz, suggested that he put aside all comics that came in and have Larson pick them up periodically. As Larson recalls Fred Cruetz said, “Well, I tell you what. We’ll put them away and put your name on them...and when you want to come in and get them, they’ll be here.” Larson accepted this arrangement. Tryg Hagen and Cecil Coop, employees at different times at the drugstore, were primarily responsible for placing Larson’s name on the books which were put aside for him. It is their handwriting, not Larson’s, that appears on the books. (This information explains the variation in the handwriting for “Larson” or “Lamont” appearing on the books, and puts to an end one of the small mysteries about the books.) This arrangement probably started some time in 1939- Larson would have been 12- as I am not aware of any “signed” Larsons before this date. (In fact, based on review of my “Larson” books it appears this arrangement started with books cover dated July 1939. Interestingly, his name did not appear on all titles on a consistent basis until those cover dated January 1940. This may also explain some of the gaps in the early runs. Additionally, as indicated below, it appears that certain gaps are explained by the fact that he gave some of his books away.) All comics were purchased new; no second-hand comics were purchased to fill gaps.

100096.jpg.7ea082f9ec6bcb9b3438f1d37cd353b1.jpg

Was wondering everyones thoughts on this book.
skyrocket BIN :o for a likely "1.0" if it went to CGC.

That's a hefty BIN for a 1.0. :o

Only 29,000 for a 1.0 Action 7, THATS A STEAL!!!

Now just so were on the same page - that's 29,000 pesos , correct?

Surely can't be U.S $

Surely can't be U.S $

hit the BIN and find out. :grin:

Surely can't be U.S $

hit the BIN and find out. :grin:

Let's see...$4K-5K for the interior and $20K-24K for the cover and back cover. hm