• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 27 cgc 4.0 Blue 320k on Comic connect.

99 posts in this topic

I need to start buying lotto tix...

I wouldn't even worry about it.

You own an amazing copy of Batman #1. :cloud9:

Detective #27 might be out of your price-range at this point; but Batman #1 is out of most people's price-ranges.

A Detective #27 would be amazing; but your latest acquisition is still amazing nevertheless.

Thanks AFkid.. That's the reason why I got myself a Bat #1 so I can not think about trying to save up for a Tec 27 because even a restored copy is expensive for me. That's pretty much the only Batman book I want and I'll be done. Im not gonna give up though in fulfilling that dream :cloud9:

I have noticed that extensive restored GA books (as for instance T27 books) are considered attractive as 'collectors items'.

But among SA collectors even slight to moderately restored books are still frowned upon by the SA collectors

Is there:

(i) any deeper logic behind this

or

(ii) is it just the way it is? (shrug)

discuss ...

SA collectors are smarter than GA collectors? (shrug)

I have noticed that extensive restored GA books (as for instance T27 books) are considered attractive as 'collectors items'.

But among SA collectors even slight to moderately restored books are still frowned upon by the SA collectors

Is there:

or

discuss ...

Ouch, that ones going to leave a mark

There are simply fewer copies available of the GA keys. I can't think of a single tier 1 SA key that isn't available, unrestored, pretty much anytime you want one. That's not the case with GA. Very often, if you want a copy, restored is your only option.

Is there:

or

discuss ...

i dont think it is a matter of weather a book is being frouned upon or or not.

more like; there are a lot of collectors wanting to secure a T27 in ANY condition and that demand drives the price up at auction.

It is the one and only first appearnce of batman :baiting:

hardly comparable to ANY other SA book.

my 2c

Is there:

or

discuss ...

I always assumed it was because the GA Collector is older and was raised during the era when parents spanked their children for making stupid illogical mistakes....thereby breaking them of that tendecy. The SA generation comes from the Dr. Spock "let your kids do whatever the hell they want" era, so their decisions will be more impulsive and poorly thought out, such as a disdain for minor professional restoration that can't even be found without an expert and a magnifying glass :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is there:

or

discuss ...

I always assumed it was because the GA Collector is older and was raised during the era when parents spanked their children for making stupid illogical mistakes....thereby breaking them of that tendecy. The SA generation comes from the Dr. Spock "let your kids do whatever the hell they want" era, so their decisions will be more impulsive and poorly thought out, such as a disdain for minor professional restoration that can't even be found without an expert and a magnifying glass :baiting: GOD BLESS...

Yep - I have seen slightly restored books with restoe so slight that I couldnt see it. I knew it was there however. Off course then its a question whether I have seen it or not. The book was restored. The book I could see. The restoration I couldnt see.

Can I then claim to have seen a restored book ? (shrug)

Interesting JimJum your point about the era shift. Definetily something to ponder ...

Hey 1koko!

I'm glad you told me it was your book you consigned.

At first I thought 320k was pushin it on a low to mid grade copy, but realizing that the extra 20k added on top of 300k would justify to cover their commission.

I was thinking 250 to 275k. again, just my opinion.

Good luck and I hope you get it :-)

(thumbs u

Is there:

or

discuss ...

Yep - I have seen slightly restored books with restoe so slight that I couldnt see it. I knew it was there however. Off course then its a question whether I have seen it or not. The book was restored. The book I could see. The restoration I couldnt see.

Can I then claim to have seen a restored book ? (shrug)

Interesting JimJum your point about the era shift. Definetily something to ponder ...

It was more a joke. For me, it's a question of economics and aesthetics(sp?)....I like nice books but they've spiraled out of my range. Books with Slight Pro Resto are an alternative for me, but I usually end up being outbid anyway. 30% FMV used to do the trick....but the prices seem to be going up. GOD BLESS...

Hey 1koko!

At first I thought 320k was pushin it on a low to mid grade copy, but realizing that the extra 20k added on top of 300k would justify to cover their commission.

(thumbs u

I always like seeing 180 degree turnarounds on these boards when the poster realizes the person he criticized is on these boards.

Hey 1koko!

(thumbs u

I always like seeing 180 degree turnarounds on these boards when the poster realizes the person he criticized is on these boards.

I am an equal opportunity criticizer...just ask bat-man... I made some criticism on an ebay book, not knowing whose it was, that I thought it was priced 2x too high... found out it was a boardies, but my comment was not personal, it was my opinion...

that said, I respect 1koko's, or bat-man or anyone's right to ask whatever they want for a book, just don't take it personally when someone comments on it

I have some books priced WAY too high too, because I will only sell at that price...so it is all good... (thumbs u

Hey 1koko!

(thumbs u

I am an equal opportunity criticizer...just ask bat-man... I made some criticism on an ebay book, not knowing whose it was, that I thought it was priced 2x too high... found out it was a boardies, but my comment was not personal, it was my opinion...

that said, I respect 1koko's, or bat-man or anyone's right to ask whatever they want for a book, just don't take it personally when someone comments on it

I have some books priced WAY too high too, because I will only sell at that price...so it is all good... (thumbs u

:hi:

(thumbs u

I respect and welcome comments or criticisms toward mine or any one's book pricing on the buying or selling side. Gives a good feel of what other collectors think and also makes for good convo. No one should take offense, it's just a certain view and important to consider all.

And in the hobby it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay or sell for. :cool:

Heck I just bought a Tec 30 CGC 3.5 for the same price as Tec 30 CGC 4.0 Crippen sold for a few months ago. Am I crazy? No, just really wanted the book . :grin:

Hey 1koko!

(thumbs u

:hi:

(thumbs u

I respect and welcome comments or criticisms toward mine or any one's book pricing on the buying or selling side. Gives a good feel of what other collectors think and also makes for good convo. No one should take offense, it's just a certain view and important to consider all.

And in the hobby it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay or sell for. :cool:

Heck I just bought a Tec 30 CGC 3.5 for the same price as Tec 30 CGC 4.0 Crippen sold for a few months ago. Am I crazy? No, just really wanted the book . :grin:

(thumbs u

WOW, THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF BATMAN ANYWHERE!!!!

IF IT WEREN'T FOR ACTION COMICS 1, THIS BOOK WOULD BE THE KING!!!!

JUST AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, AND DOWNRIGHT UNBELIEVABLE!!!!