• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #27 cgc 7.5 in next Heritage auction

63 posts in this topic

I wonder how many T27 sig series are floating around out there?

Presuming you're talking about Kane in specific, the answer would be none since he died before cgc started.

So there are copies with Kane / Robinson sigs out there. They are just not encapsulated in the cgc teflon holder - since cgc needs to attend the actual signature-performance live ...!? :headbang:

Basically, yeah:

Collectors can have their comic books and comic magazines signed by their favorite creators in the presence of an exclusive CGC authorized witness. These comics can then be authenticated, graded and certified by CGC under the prestigious CGC Signature Series label.

There are signed copies floating around if you particularly wanted one.

My old restored copy (sold recently as a 7.5 SP (cover cleaned plus small tear seals and CT) was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover.

There was an interesting thread I started back in '03 on signatures on books. NearMint posted a real horror story about a Bob Kane story that makes me shiver to this day. Thread is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=269768&Searchpage=8&Main=14267&Words=%2B%26quot%3BBob+Kane%26quot%3B+%2Bsigned&topic=0&Search=true#Post269768

Not to derail the thread too much, but I had a Batman #28 several years ago that was autographed by Kane on the front cover.

My old restored copy (sold recently as a 7.5 SP (cover cleaned plus small tear seals and CT) was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover.

I presume you are referring to the 100K copy that sold at CC recently (shrug)?

I wonder how many T27 sig series are floating around out there?

Presuming you're talking about Kane in specific, the answer would be none since he died before cgc started.

So there are copies with Kane / Robinson sigs out there. They are just not encapsulated in the cgc teflon holder - since cgc needs to attend the actual signature-performance live ...!? :headbang:

Basically, yeah:

Collectors can have their comic books and comic magazines signed by their favorite creators in the presence of an exclusive CGC authorized witness. These comics can then be authenticated, graded and certified by CGC under the prestigious CGC Signature Series label.

Actually for mega grails (especially) I would be tempted to presume that copies

*without* sigs (like T27 for instance) are the way to go. When the books reaches a certain magnitude itself, the sig becomes more of a disturbance than an enhancement of the book itself. Just my private opinion (shrug). But I am curious to know approximately how many signed T27 is actually out there? I think (not 100% though) sigs came into vogue after the creators of this book had passed and so one should expect not so many signed copies to exist at all !!!

that's the one. Though I bought it and sold it for considerably less than that when I owned it.

that's the one. Though I bought it and sold it for considerably less than that when I owned it.

I could imagine that it sold for "less". With restoration *that* slight - and with one grade tick to 8.0 there is not much separating your old CC copy book from the HA million $ copy. And it went for less than 1/10th of the price meh

What did you buy it for?

rusty staple the main negative point

Didn't the million dollar Action #1 have a rusty staple/s? Still, I think that combined with the staple pull on the top along with the tiny spine split on the bottom are noticeable enough.

I think somewhere between $725-$775k is where it will fall considering how the other high grades were moving.

Grrggh ... !¤#"

Now 600K with BP

3 days to go.

Count on me to be there at showdown :popcorn:

As always: it only takes two to tango. And who knows? I am smelling we might see big news. :devil:

We are only one grade tick away from the million $ copy. :bump:

Hey all good people, - WHY in heavens name are you letting this thread die in silence? There in only 2 days to the live bidding!! Now is the time.

Surely there must be some Marvel Zombies and PLOD Junkies and other good gentlemen to support the building up of tension here ...

The overriding quesion is of course:

How much will one grade tick below 8.0 mean for the final pricetag.

G.A.tor would know (worship) But before he reveals the answer let other bids be heard ...

Hey all good people, - WHY in heavens name are you letting this thread die in silence? There in only 2 days to the live bidding!! Now is the time.

Surely there must be some Marvel Zombies and PLOD Junkies and other good gentlemen to support the building up of tension here ...

The overriding quesion is of course:

How much will one grade tick below 8.0 mean for the final pricetag.

G.A.tor would know (worship) But before he reveals the answer let other bids be heard ...

hm

One bid more than Gator